Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Henderson's End

Re: Hendersons End

I followed the wall after the mast but wasn't quite sure where to turn right, some people carried on along the wall but the group I was with decided we needed to turn right, which was the right choice as we caught the people in front up.

See my tracked route below...

http://www.gps-sport.net/trainings/running_116563
    Last edited by Shonky; 06-06-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Must admit Al it was nice 'beating' you I did wonder why your mum was still at the pigeon tower but didn't think to ask.

Bit of a disaster all round for the Harrier posse but hey, it was a lovely night for the midges!!!
    Well what can i say Em, im a true Gentleman!

I did feel quite sorry for my mum, i told her to go up to the Pike but im not sure why but she just stayed by the Pigeon Tower and got eaten to death by the midges....jeeeez you should see the bites on her stomach!

Oh and just for a matter of interest, my mum got a picutre of both you and me passing her at the pigeon tower on the way back....you where 8 minutes ahead of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    I think Lostock had about 5 marshals up on Winter Hill, so I don't think they could have done any more. No accounting for ineptitude eh, Al?

Still you're obviously running well, and the knees survived, so pretty encouraging for your next outings.

Good little race, that one, with some potentially fast running (a potential thouroughly unexplored by me!). There seemed to be a little bit of confusion about where the race route was meant to go onthe top of Winter Hill, so maybe a map of the route would have helped. But thanks to Lostock and all the helpers.
    Well i was quite supprised that i managed to pass that blackburn guy who we see everywhere with the long curly hair tied back....he was quite a way ahead of me when we got to the base of the 2nd climb but they all started walking whereas I kepy running up it and caught them all up again.
    Shame we all cocked up really because i think a group of about 5 of us where racing each other to high hell so i think we could have got a pretty good time....just means ill have to go back next year and try and do better eh.
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 05-06-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Well i was quite supprised that i managed to pass that blackburn guy who we see everywhere with the long curly hair tied back....he was quite a way ahead of me when we got to the base of the 2nd climb but they all started walking whereas I kepy running up it and caught them all up again.

That Blackburn guy is...... John Sutton

[quote=Clarky;228055]Well i was quite supprised that i managed to pass that blackburn guy who we see everywhere with the long curly hair tied back....he was quite a way ahead of me when we got to the base of the 2nd climb but they all started walking whereas I kepy running up it and caught them all up again.[quote=Clarky;228055]

That Blackburn guy is...... John Sutton

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    ... There seemed to be a little bit of confusion about where the race route was meant to go onthe top of Winter Hill, so maybe a map of the route would have helped. But thanks to Lostock and all the helpers.
    I'm sure there was a map of the route posted on the wall of the Barn just near the registration table.

Any sign of results yet?
    Last edited by GordonS; 06-06-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added

Hopey got a lot of stick off a good few runners even the ones who had done the race before! Was not called for as there was a bloody great map at the start. I enjoyed the night ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrod lad View Post
    Hopey got a lot of stick off a good few runners even the ones who had done the race before! Was not called for as there was a bloody great map at the start. I enjoyed the night ha ha ha.
    Bet you did! What were your winnings again Albert

Yep, Al pointed out there was a map at the start. I missed it, but ironically went the right way(ish) unlike Fowlup. No one to blame for going wrong then, apart from oneselves. And giving the folk who give up there own free time to make this sport happen, a hard time is right out of order. It was good visibility, everyone knew they had to get to Two Lads, and you can expect neither marshals nor flags on a fell race. Some people will blame everything except themselves.

Well thanks Hopey and all the Lostock crew for putting on a very enjoyable race!

Yeah, I agree, top race, I enjoyed it, had a good battle with a young girl from Horwich which made us both really work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrod lad View Post
    So now I know who Blackrod Lad is.
    Maybe I should hide behind a pseudonym (sort of do on Ed's blog - everyone does)

Well done A! - they should have looked at the map (there speaks one who has navigational skills are not a good example - but then there's people who've lived in Orrich longer than I have who can get lost on Winter Hill)

Senior Member pauljonesforengland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonS View Post
    So now I know who Blackrod Lad is.
    Maybe I should hide behind a pseudonym (sort of do on Ed's blog - everyone does)

Well done A! - they should have looked at the map (there speaks one who has navigational skills are not a good example - but then there's people who've lived in Orrich longer than I have who can get lost on Winter Hill)
    yes - speaking of ed's site, I will have my day at 2 Lads