Thread: Harvey Howgill Tops

Bobert

Harvey Howgill Tops

This challenge is one of the ultra fell routes highlighted on the Gofar website. I ran this solo yesterday in 8 hours and 40 mins, starting and finishing at the Cross Keys on the A683, going in an anti-clockwise direction, following this schedule . A fantastic round, saw only a few folk, felt quite lonely at times apart from fleeting meetings with fell ponies (not the human form). Glad the visibility was good for my first venture onto these hills, or else completing it might have taken a lot longer. Total distance was 38 miles and 3550m ascent. Slightly more than is quoted on the website.

Re: Harvey Howgill Tops

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    This challenge is one of the ultra fell routes highlighted on the Gofar website. I ran this solo yesterday in 8 hours and 40 mins, starting and finishing at the Cross Keys on the A683, going in an anti-clockwise direction, following this schedule . A fantastic round, saw only a few folk, felt quite lonely at times apart from fleeting meetings with fell ponies (not the human form). Glad the visibility was good for my first venture onto these hills, or else completing it might have taken a lot longer. Total distance was 38 miles and 3550m ascent. Slightly more than is quoted on the website.
    Good effort Bobert. I must say I do fancy this some time I've a spare week end. What do you think Marvin long day out?

Well done Bobert that's an excellent time.

Bobert

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    Well done Bobert that's an excellent time.
    I've PM'd you with the details from sunday regarding distance and height

Cheers

Iain

Spooky - we (Ian Hughes and I) traversed the Howgills 31 x 1,500ft hills on Sunday in a more leisurely 7.5 hours between the first and last top. Using a piece of string on the map, I reckon that Wandle Hill to Winder is just over 23 miles and just under 3,000m of ascent.

Bobert

Quote Originally Posted by shughoppy View Post
    Spooky - we (Ian Hughes and I) traversed the Howgills 31 x 1,500ft hills on Sunday in a more leisurely 7.5 hours between the first and last top. Using a piece of string on the map, I reckon that Wandle Hill to Winder is just over 23 miles and just under 3,000m of ascent.
    Were you leaving the Cross Keys at 1000am? It looks a good route too that one.

Excellent, well done. Of the various gofar "other ultras" this has to be one of the more tempting ones. Not sure about some of these Dales and Yorkshire thingys (duck for cover )