Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tigers Todger

Re: Tigers Todger

Quote Originally Posted by Darth of The Dark Side View Post
    Geoff,

You do right - its absolutely awful. I dont know how it gets in the FRA Calendar. The old version - the Tigers 10 was alot better, although again it was half road, but it was 10+ miles and was something different. I only do it in case I'm injured for Totley Moor or Blackamoor so I still qualify for the series. The only good point is that there is Moonshine for sale in the bar.

Some people like it though - the Tigers 10 barely got 100 entries & from memory this gets nearly 250.

Regards, D'arth

ps by the way its NOT at Totley its at the Tigers Rugby Club.
    Crumbs, sounds like I won't be missing too much by not going along then...

Was thinking on making the effort but it's a bit of trek from my way (Holmfirth) to get there for the time so I'll pass.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Is it actually a FELL race, this? It's in our club champs, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to get all the way to Totley for a 7pm start and then do a semi-road race.
    I wont bother then
    Why is it in the champs?

Lived in Old Glossop up to May 2007 - Now live in New Hampshire USA

I remember doing this one as the last race I did before coming to the USA in 2007. It is about 1/3 road if I remember rightly. There is a downhill road section of about 1/2 mile near to the finish and in walshes it absolutely killed my legs. Its a fast race if you want to work on your speed

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    I wont bother then
    Why is it in the champs?
    Cos we all voted for it at the meeting and I do believe GB and your good self were in attendance

Geoff,

You do right - its absolutely awful. ...
    Regards, D'arth

Thanks Darth - yes I knew where to go, same as Tigger Tor. (Not sure why I said Totley!)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hut View Post
    Cos we all voted for it at the meeting and I do believe GB and your good self were in attendance
    You're right, Harry, we were there. Nobody told me what the race was like, though!!

Think I'll give it a miss, anyway. Emma wouldn't thank me for dragging her over there, anyway.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hut View Post

Not guilty Harry

Come on, somebody come!! I've proven how aweful I am at road-esque running this wkend with my failure of pace once the fell part of stuc a chroin ended, but I'm still going! (yes I know it's closer and all that but I'd like some pennine competition please :-)....)

Geoff,

You do right - its absolutely awful. I dont know how it gets in the FRA Calendar. The old version - the Tigers 10 was alot better, although again it was half road, but it was 10+ miles and was something different. I only do it in case I'm injured for Totley Moor or Blackamoor so I still qualify for the series. The only good point is that there is Moonshine for sale in the bar.

Some people like it though - the Tigers 10 barely got 100 entries & from memory this gets nearly 250.

Regards, D'arth

If you don't think that it's a good race then don't do it. Just bear in mind that it gets in the FRA calendar because somebody kindly gives up their free time to organise a local race.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluceluce View Post
    Come on, somebody come!! I've proven how aweful I am at road-esque running this wkend with my failure of pace once the fell part of stuc a chroin ended, but I'm still going! (yes I know it's closer and all that but I'd like some pennine competition please :-)....)
    Sorry Luce - it's too far for a 7pm start. Also, I'm seeing the physio at 4.00pm; still trying to put my ankle right. (I bet Dave Soles will be there for another 50 points!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
    If you don't think that it's a good race then don't do it. Just bear in mind that it gets in the FRA calendar because somebody kindly gives up their free time to organise a local race.
    Well thanks for that patronising reply. As an organiser of 2 races myself I already know what is involved. My comment about not knowing how it gets in the calendar was down to the amount of road in the race.

I do it to qualify for the series and to have a drink with my Totley mates afterwards, who incidently all know that I think the race is awful as we discussed it in the pub at the race organisers birthday celebration last night. Most of them dont like it either, so there will be a hell of alot of marshalls.
    Last edited by Darth of The Dark Side; 05-05-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.