Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tigers Todger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Route of Tiger's Todger

My sprog has just started fell running and wants to do the Tiger's Todger (May 7th, I think).

Anyone know the route, 'cos it's one I've never done?

Replies gratefully rec'd, then I can put his mind at rest, recce it with him and he'll know it'll be OK in the day.

fb

Re: Route of Tiger's Todger

Last time I did it the start was at the rugby club. you then ran down the main road to the bottom of Whirlow Valley where we turned left and ran up the valley to Ringinglow. Left at the top and over the Roman Road (Houndkirk) to the far end and down to Fox House Inn where we did a u turn and ran back up the road, down the hill, left as if going to Ringinglow, right down Long Line and then right at the bottom and back to the rugby club. However it was 10 miles then and now its 6 miles so I guess its a similar route but with less road?

If your lad is new to this lark another race he could try is the Burbage Skyline from Fox House a week after Todger

Thanks B.R. - We're doing the Burbage Skyline as well - I've done that one a few times; good race, I know the route and we can recce it no probs.

It's just that the Todger is the week before and it'd be good if we could recce it beforehand to steady his nerves (he's convinced he'll trail in last despite my protestations to the contrary).

If anyone knows the six mile route rather than the original ten mile route I'd be grateful.

fb

I missed last year's race but the year before it was up the Limb Valley, through Lady Canning's Plantation, emerge at Oxstones trig and then drop back down to Long Line for a return (I don't think we went close to Fox House).

An odd route for a Fell Race, not much Fell but a good race if you like woodland running, and a very fast return route. Lots of road, if I do it this year I'll use trail shoes.

Tigers Todger

I've been on the Totley site but can't find a copy of the route. any one got a copy etc, I know it's short but just like to know.

Re: Tigers Todger

IDP - from memory it's down the road from the rugby club, left up the Limb Valley, turn left and up the Houndkirk Rd for a few yards, turn right and through the woods for a bit, up to Ox Stones, down across the moor to the path that crosses the Houndkirk Rd again, join and go left on the B(?) road (Sheephill Rd), to right turn down the Long Line, then right off that over fields back to the rugby club.

Roughly.

fb
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Tony Vardy

Is it actually a FELL race, this? It's in our club champs, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to get all the way to Totley for a 7pm start and then do a semi-road race.

eh up geoff

there is quite a lot of road on this one (as these things go) - but its still quite a nice little race. horses for courses and all that.

Geoff,

You do right - its absolutely awful. I dont know how it gets in the FRA Calendar. The old version - the Tigers 10 was alot better, although again it was half road, but it was 10+ miles and was something different. I only do it in case I'm injured for Totley Moor or Blackamoor so I still qualify for the series. The only good point is that there is Moonshine for sale in the bar.

Some people like it though - the Tigers 10 barely got 100 entries & from memory this gets nearly 250.

Regards, D'arth

ps by the way its NOT at Totley its at the Tigers Rugby Club.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Is it actually a FELL race, this? It's in our club champs, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to get all the way to Totley for a 7pm start and then do a semi-road race.
    I wont bother then
    Why is it in the champs?