Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tigers Todger

Re: Tigers Todger

Quote Originally Posted by Darth of The Dark Side View Post
    Well thanks for that patronising reply. As an organiser of 2 races myself I already know what is involved. My comment about not knowing how it gets in the calendar was down to the amount of road in the race.

I do it to qualify for the series and to have a drink with my Totley mates afterwards, who incidently all know that I think the race is awful as we discussed it in the pub at the race organisers birthday celebration last night. Most of them dont like it either, so there will be a hell of alot of marshalls.
    Fair enough, my reply was not meant to be patronising - apologies.

I just find it frustrating that people on here knock road runners for showing up to do a fell race. Maybe it's a good thing that this race is in the handbook as it makes for a good entry level race for those who've not had a crack at fell running before.

At the PPP this year there were only 11 runners under the age of 25 (I was one of them) - that suggests to me that this great sport has a real problem of getting new people involved.

Enjoy your pint after the race - I will.

Not sure its problem Tom more of an accepted fact. Last time I did the three Peaks the average age of entrants was 44. Lets face it, only a very small portion of todays kids grow up aspiring to be a fell runner as opposed to a footballer, rubgy player, basketball player etc. It seems to be something people turn to when they've had enough of their chosen sport. I think if there was a sudden influx of under 30s into Fell Running then fields would grow to unmanagable sizes and more races would have to go to pre-entry with a limit.

Good point about races like the Todger being a good intro to fell running - I'll use that to try and persuade my son to enter!.

See you later at the bar - winner buys the beer eh?
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

well there were certainly quite a few under 25s today - thanks to sheffield university's fell club turning out a good number of runners!

There were certainly plenty of people out, I had a great evening

I mapped the route afterwards from memory but it seems to be less than six miles. Did I get it wrong?

SteveM's mapped route

Felt like more.

Well done everyone, it looked like a good race. Apologies for the stupid car parked right on the turn into the field - it was there when we arrived so we don't think it belonged to anyone from the race.

Looked like a very nasty tight turn but everyone got round without falling over, except one of Totley who lost his wedding tackle on the gate post.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    There were certainly plenty of people out, I had a great evening

I mapped the route afterwards from memory but it seems to be less than six miles. Did I get it wrong?

SteveM's mapped route
    Steve,

That looks ok to me. I didn't think that it felt like 6m either. The Tigger Tor in January was advertised as 10m but never was - nearer 8ish. Having said that, the first mile "dash" down the road was a quick one!

I had a gps on which said it was 9.17k.....thats something like 5.6 or 5.7 miles. Not that it really matters I enjoyed it which is the main thing...

i had my 305 on it got it to 5.75
    fun race i enjoyed it.

2010 results up at http://www.totleyac.org.uk/2010Series/Todger_r10.html

Apologies for the delay, we're doing this on a computer and one of our heroines had to do the data entry an extra two times.

BTW, some people were asking about the route - there is a map at http://www.totleyac.org.uk/map/TigersTodger/ which gives the salient points.