Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: lothersdale fell race

Re: lothersdale fell race

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    Good race tonight fairly dry underfoot with a few sticky bits
    Fairly dry? It were like bl**dy concrete! The course last night was as about as dry as it ever gets - I've only seen it drier after about a 3 month summer drought, about six weeks ago the mud was above your ankles for most of it.

I wonder when Ted passed Gary? Gary had about a ten second lead when he crossed the road on the way down and didn't look like he was going to crack.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Ted passed Gary when they went into the dip on the descent, he says he legs just packed in.

Debbie
    www.pyrenees-haven,com

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Timekeeping?????

Sorry Brett, only just seen this,, you should have mentioned it last night!!

Debbie
    www.pyrenees-haven.com

Brett - thanks for another great race. My 3rd in 3 days so took it easy (which means I ran as fast as I could, which was slow!)

I was only pulling your leg

Anyway you can't beat standing in a swarm of midges for an hour! It was almost a relief when it started raining

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrenees Haven View Post
    Sorry Brett, only just seen this,, you should have mentioned it last night!!

Debbie
    www.pyrenees-haven.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrenees Haven View Post
    Ted passed Gary when they went into the dip on the descent, he says he legs just packed in.

Debbie
    www.pyrenees-haven,com
    Bet he's glad they did pack in.Ted won a jar of pickled eggs!!! Weird.Good luck at Buttermere

You fail to recall the bottle of champagne method chardonnay as well as the jar of pickled eggs.
    I got the impression those pickled eggs were what Gary was racing for. Living now in Europe he may really miss our local delicacies of the chip shop.
    Sent from my I phone.
    ( As my computer does not support the new forum format.)
    oh psSorry Brett I realised when i got home I had taken away one of your numbers.still ettached to my shirt. Sorry. Thought I may hold it hostage till you fix the forum!
    Last edited by Daleside; 08-05-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Super Moderator

Splendid evening in Lothersdale. Good to see plenty of forumites out. Well done Breezie on 1st vet 65 prize
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Aye, cheers to brett and the helpers from KCAC and thanks also to the photographers and the road crossing/summit marshals. Wharfey club champs race in case anyone was wondering! Had a smashing race, everyone was back down at the layby but i had both eyes firmly on the starter and bagged a front row start. Nice little course too, bit of everything thrown in and a really fast finish with route choices.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Aye, cheers to brett and the helpers from KCAC and thanks also to the photographers and the road crossing/summit marshals. Wharfey club champs race in case anyone was wondering! Had a smashing race, everyone was back down at the layby but i had both eyes firmly on the starter and bagged a front row start. Nice little course too, bit of everything thrown in and a really fast finish with route choices.
    Agreed !!, not to keen on the new concrete flags they have put to the summit... never been there in the past makes it an even faster race now, suppose it has to be done though for erosion. Another race in the last month where i have never seen it so dry really dusty..
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.