Thread: Fell Runners in Yorkshire

Fell Runners in Yorkshire

I am currently completing a piece of university coursework on overuse injuries in Fell Runners. I am trying to find out a rough estimate of the number of Fell Runners in Yorkshire, and also the types of injuries most commonly occurred. If anyone can help, then perhaps you could email me on [email protected]. Thanks for your help. Dan

Talking Re: Fell Runners in Yorkshire

This is one of them again. Does anyone remember yonks ago someone came on starting a discussion about descending, saying he was doing some research and everyone piled in with their two'pennorth and what happens? A book comes out about descending techniques. Then there's that there Nobthrob, creaming off all the route advice and discussion about route choices and packaging and selling it all back to us with his race maps. Entrepeneurs of the world more power to your elbows. Anyway. Any one got any ideas on how to errr... win fell races? Because I'm doing some research...

Re: Fell Runners in Yorkshire

You should have studied Fell Runners in Lancashire: far more welcoming and accommodating folk then in Yorkshire. You know what they say there - "if ever tha does owt for nowt, do it for thesen..." The most common injury among Yorkshire fell runners is constipation (tight ar***).
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Re: Fell Runners in Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    You should have studied Fell Runners in Lancashire: far more welcoming and accommodating folk then in Yorkshire. You know what they say there - "if ever tha does owt for nowt, do it for thesen..." The most common injury among Yorkshire fell runners is constipation (tight ar***).
    I am a Yorkshireman I will be giving a free copy of my next book ('anoraknophobia') to all those on the forum who gave me some of their nerdy/geeky anecdotes (denzil, etc) a while back.
    One big publisher already interested. Watch this space.
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX