Thread: totley moor fell race

totley moor fell race

Anyone done this before? There is a lot of height gain, more so that from totley to the top of the moor. Does the route go up and down a couple of times?

Re: totley moor fell race

A really good event this one.

It's a few years since I've done it now, but if my memory serves me right there are a couple of longish steady climbs. The descents are steeper and fast as I recall.
    It covers some similar ground to the Blackamoor race but is not as tough.

Enjoy
    Do what you like, like what you do

Could you describe the route, I wouldnt mind a recce.

I'm sorry to be absolutely no use but I can't remember exactly where the route goes. Having done both Totley and Blackamoor (both races cover a lot of the ground and paths up there) I'm struggling to distinguish between the two.
    I'd have thought someone on the forums would know, Darth of the darkside or Rich K might be a good bet.

I can remember that both races are well worth doing, fast and all the ground is runnable, but quite tough as the shorter/medium peak races go.

Apologies
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    I'm sorry to be absolutely no use but I can't remember exactly where the route goes. Having done both Totley and Blackamoor (both races cover a lot of the ground and paths up there) I'm struggling to distinguish between the two.
    I'd have thought someone on the forums would know, Darth of the darkside or Rich K might be a good bet.

I can remember that both races are well worth doing, fast and all the ground is runnable, but quite tough as the shorter/medium peak races go.

Apologies
    I'm sorry, I missed this thread - bit late now

Did you do the race in the end Newbie?

Blackamoor tonight - I have to miss it but another good race (is it really harder than Totley Moor?)

no, had to work a late shift for both
    There is one called Hope wakes next week that I am going to do. I walked the dog up blackamoor the other day and it looked an interesting place, shame I missed it.

Did both Totley and Blackamoor, I would say that yeah Blackamoor is tougher but that may be just because I can still remember the pain from yesterday more vividly!

Must learn to pace myself better set off too fast up the first hill and the legs were like jelly for the next couple of miles.

no, had to work a late shift for both
    There is one called Hope wakes next week that I am going to do. I walked the dog up blackamoor the other day and it looked an interesting place, shame I missed it.
    You should join Totley AC then - we run over Blackamoor regularly on Tuesday and Thursday in the summer months.

Hope's going to be a good one - LiveInHope from this forum is in charge and they've got a new route - up to top of Win Hill. I'm sorry that I'm away and have to miss it - good luck!
    Last edited by RichK; 30-06-2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: thursday

few pics from tonight, not great location but i was "running" a bit late https://flic.kr/s/aHskAmq7QJ