Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hayfield - 3 days, 3 races

Re: Hayfield - 3 days, 3 races

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    Dragging it back, Mount Famine was a hard race. I didn't pay any attention to the details beforehand, with it being relatively local, but went off too fast and was struggling (even by my standards) on the final LONG climb. I must have lost 15-20 places. May have been tired from too little sleep, but whatever, felt better afterwards when I realised that in about 5 miles it squashes in nearly 600 metres of climb. At least I have set a steady time to beat next time. Thanks to all for putting it on
    Yes, it packs quite a few climbs into a fairly short space! If you haven't seen Richard Seipp's excellent video of last year's race, it spends quite a lot of time looking at that final climb and will doubtless strike a chord with you.

http://vimeo.com/42132629

Cheers, Steve
    Hayfield Fell Races - https://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/

Re: Hayfield - 3 days, 3 races

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    Dragging it back, Mount Famine was a hard race. I didn't pay any attention to the details beforehand, with it being relatively local, but went off too fast and was struggling (even by my standards) on the final LONG climb. I must have lost 15-20 places. May have been tired from too little sleep, but whatever, felt better afterwards when I realised that in about 5 miles it squashes in nearly 600 metres of climb. At least I have set a steady time to beat next time. Thanks to all for putting it on
    It really is a little beast.
    I had a bad run and was 4 mins slower than last year and 6 mins off my PB :thunbdown:
    If you're not on good form this race really highlights its.

Not to worry... I'll be back next