Thread: Lift to Donard Commedagh

Lift to Donard Commedagh

Wondering if anyone will be around Belfast City Airport on Friday afternoon & able to give me a lift to Newcastle. And back again on Saturday. I arrive 4pm on Friday and getting a flight back at 7pm on Saturday.
    Cheers Madeleine

Banned

Smile Re: Lift to Donard Commedagh

There is a good bus service from Belfast. If you look on the Tourist office web site there is plenty of information.

Re: Lift to Donard Commedagh

Quote Originally Posted by Mad&Jerry View Post
    Wondering if anyone will be around Belfast City Airport on Friday afternoon & able to give me a lift to Newcastle. And back again on Saturday. I arrive 4pm on Friday and getting a flight back at 7pm on Saturday.
    Cheers Madeleine
    Mads'
    It's worth having a peek at the DPFR Carshare page (I’m sure Dave Tait would post your note there too), there is a marauding horde from the Dark Side on there way to DC again - I'd offer you a lift, but I'm going over Thursday eve with some of the horde & returning Sunday afternoon. If you get really stuck, drop me a line & I’m sure someone could be persuaded to motor back to BCA & pick you up on Friday.
    PS Well done at Skyline!!!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Thanks. The bus sounds fine. Mrs B - do you know how often they go and from where? ta

Luv S - thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't have you coming out specially. How about meeting up in Newcastle for a bite to eat? or a beer? or two? oh no, it's the day before a championship race - must be sensible!!!!

Banned

They run on a regular basis during day from Central bus station in Belfast to which there is a link from the airport. Info can be got throught the Tourist info Office in Belfast. Try Google for that, or Rough Guide. I cannot lay hands on info as Mr B has it stashed ready somewhere and you know how good he is at stashing things!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad&Jerry View Post
    How about meeting up in Newcastle for a bite to eat? or a beer? or two? oh no, it's the day before a championship race - must be sensible!!!!
    Luv Shack? Sensible? The night before a championship race? You must be joking!!

He's as Mad as you.

I suppose I better give some advice as I live in Newcastle!!

The bus runs from the International airport to Belfast (Europa Buscentre) and is service 300.

Bus to Newcastle also runs from the Europa Buscentre, Express is service 238 and takes about an hour or 'slow' one is 20 which takes around 1hr 20. Further information re timetable at www.translink.co.uk

If you have time to spare at the Europa, kill it at the Crown Liquor Saloon which is across the road and serves some good black stuff.