Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kinder trog

Re: kinder trog

Quote Originally Posted by FellMonster View Post
    Wear trail shoes unless there's significant rain this week.....I ran around it yesterday and didnt slip once.....not even on the one grassy descent.....those slabs up burnt hill are endless
    I know what you mean about those slabs, I also did a recce yesterday and it threw it down with rain while I was on that section.

If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts did you cross the Sett? I lost the trod on the way down from Edale Cross. I crossed the Sett at the point where two walls meet at either side of the river and then took a diagonal line south westwards to a wire fence and followed this up to the path. Looking back I wasn't sure I'd got the correct/best line?
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    I know what you mean about those slabs, I also did a recce yesterday and it threw it down with rain while I was on that section.

If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts did you cross the Sett? I lost the trod on the way down from Edale Cross. I crossed the Sett at the point where two walls meet at either side of the river and then took a diagonal line south westwards to a wire fence and followed this up to the path. Looking back I wasn't sure I'd got the correct/best line?
    You cross the Sett at the stream junction - more or less SK080853 - the trod is pretty clear nowadays, and there's a checkpoint at the stream junction. Then you climb up the steep banking, and follow the trod up the other side to the stile.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    You cross the Sett at the stream junction - more or less SK080853 - the trod is pretty clear nowadays, and there's a checkpoint at the stream junction. Then you climb up the steep banking, and follow the trod up the other side to the stile.
    Thanks for that Geoff I think I may have been slightly East of the stream junction. Looking back from the other side I could see the trod heading down to this point and wondered if that was it. I must have wandered off course after Edale Cross. Found the trod again leading to the stile where the contours start to shallow off a bit.

It looks a steep climb up from the river.

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    It looks a steep climb up from the river.
    It is!!

I'll warn my legs in advance

Hoping to run this on race day in 3 weeks time - worth a recce before the race?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    Hoping to run this on race day in 3 weeks time - worth a recce before the race?
    Hi Sam.
    If you know your way around Kinder and South Head then I wouldn't brother.
    If not, it would be worth a recce as visibility can be low if the clag comes down.

Tim

I done the entire route last night, really nice night for it. my Strava plot is here.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/149946333

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    Hi Sam.
    If you know your way around Kinder and South Head then I wouldn't brother.
    If not, it would be worth a recce as visibility can be low if the clag comes down.

Tim
    Thanks for the advice Tim. I'm not overly familiar with the Hayfield side of Kinder so might well recce some of it. Up that way for Edale fell race on Sunday so might recce then, even if it means having a walk over higher parts of Kinder.