Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BG attempt 5/6 th June

Re: BG attempt 5/6 th June

I was just about to post that, Jon !

Will Stiegeler also got round in 23:31. He set off at 1am I think.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

I started at midnight Friday. There were three other teams.

It was awful on the Helvellyn range with a near whiteout. My navigators were marvellous. After Dollywagon, the conditions were much better and gradually improved throughout the day. On the whole I believe it was much better than the previous weekend.

I finished in 21:45, and saw two other teams finish before falling asleep.

Photo below is me with Dave Sykes in the background on Esk Pike. Dave made it in 21.50 - a superb effort. We had the bad weather from Bowfell to Scafell with the snow being quite surreal, but I'm not convinced that it slowed us down that much - it was quite dry snow and good underfoot. Mickledore was quite dreadful tho and Broad Stand was a no no so we went up via Foxes Tarn.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3917121...enhall_runners

Well done to those who made it and indeed, those who tried it quite surreal conditions...
    Last edited by Mark Smith; 08-06-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Wink Re: BG attempt 5/6 th June

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Toni View Post
    Photo below is me with Dave Sykes in the background on Esk Pike. Dave made it in 21.50 - a superb effort. We had the bad weather from Bowfell to Scafell with the snow being quite surreal, but I'm not convinced that it slowed us down that much - it was quite dry snow and good underfoot. Mickledore was quite dreadful tho and Broad Stand was a no no so we went up via Foxes Tarn.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3917121...enhall_runners

Well done to those who made it and indeed, those who tried it quite surreal conditions...
    Quite dry snow??? My mudclaws are still wet even now However, know what you mean. The navigators were the most impacted by the weather as all the good lines were hidden by the snow and our navigator did a fine job - I would have hated the pressure. I was out on leg 3 with Jolly Beggar and co. They did brill and am hoping they'll got for it again very shortly as they will do it no problems.

Mand

Hi

My blog and photos are now updated if anyone is interested. There also links to my detailed planning and times from the blog.

http://andym0000.blogspot.com/ and the photos http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/andym0000/BGR5thJune09#"

Cheers

AndyM

Well done Andy - was quite a shock to see you there on Skiddaw. TO make it with 2 mins to spare is pretty heroic to me, esp as you would have probably not have had the luxury of getting to that point in the round where you can start to relax knowing it's in the bag. THat makes it damn hard for the whole 24 hours, esp if you're accidently adding extra peaks you muppet

Enjoy your recovery!

Mark