Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: help needed

Re: help needed

Have taken a turn for the worse in recent days....got my Anquet map of the Lake District

Am a bit worried that I may find I'm using up more time "flying through" routes than actually getting out and running them
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

During his wedding speech, my best man wanted to prove that I was a lakeland geek. He produced a set of Wainwright books (MY set which he'd aquiried from my house), made a joke about the pages 'probably being stuck together' and then proceded to test me on the heights in feet of random Lakeland fells. In front of all the people i'd come to know and love throughout my life. I got them all right. I didn;lt know i knew the height of Great Mell Fell until that moment. (1760 feet if you're interested). THe wife, all my friends and even ex-girlfriends were all familiar with this trait - someone could have told me...

My lakeland geekness extends far beyond summit heights but it was enough to make me look like a twat.

The git.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Toni View Post

My lakeland geekness extends far beyond summit heights but it was enough to make me look like a twat.

The git.
    Well done.
    I think it made you look like a right hero.
    Maybe he looked the twat.
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

My Hero Swiss Tony. I couldn't tell you the hight of Great Mell Fell. My wife sometimes chooses a page from Wainwright at random and I can usually tell what fell it is from, when she reads starting place and distance and feet of ascent.

Oh dear, I think I am the antithesis of 'geekdom'

My working life is overloaded with forms and paper, so the very thought of keeping a running diary is a non-starter. I would never read it anyway, I mean, why would I want to read about myself?
    As a result I can't even remember what training I did last week, I remember I had a 4 hour run on Friday and went to the gym one evening. I trained other nights, but no idea how far or how hard. I'm knackered anyway - job done.

I rarely race, and haven't a clue about race PB's or anything so mundane.
    I'm ashamed to say that I consider racing a waste of a good days training on the hills, driving any distance to events is just too much effort, and besides all that puffing, panting and sweating can't be good for one

All old FRA magazines are passed on to friends once I've read them, no piles of dust covered chronicles in some forgotten corner of the attic in this house. If I am ever on the front cover, I may change my tune.

Some of my clothing is 15 years old, for some reson though, much of it appears to have shrunk from new . But we all shrink with age, so it may have a second life yet.

I do love staring at OS maps though, but not a slave to them, you can't beat using your eyes (for navigation) on the hills, maps don't tell us everything.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.