Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BG's 19th/20th June

BG's 19th/20th June

Any news on last nights Bob Graham trail race? Blackpool Illuminations over the Dodds, 20+ cars at Dunmail and a BG support convention at Honister....

Congrats to any completions, low viz, high winds and driving rain was not pleasant.

Re: BG's 19th/20th June

News just starting to filter through. Think quite a few completions, maybe as many as 9 in total on the Dark Peak BG attempt - one a supporter who carried for others legs one and 2 then carried on. Sounds like an epic. Full details should emerge on here/dpfr web site shortly...

Weather was hideous. Was supporting an attempt on Leg 2 and funnily enough didn't see a sole (or anything to be precise!). Attempt was eventually called off at Dunmail.

Did you see any fish at all?

Lee Langdon (Pennine FR) had a successful anticlockwise round, finishing this morning in 22hrs and 23min.

Not my plaice to say!

Julie Gardner successfully got round despite a challenging night. The Dark Peak train was awesome in full flight and glad they got all but a couple round in their group. Well done to everyone who got round, not great conditions at all on legs 2 and 3 (for those with 6-7 pm ish starts) and those navigators certainly earned a few pints this weekend! I have to say I have massive respect for anyone who does the BG. Having supported a few I just think I am never going to be able to do that - although at 40 have got 2 years to contemplate and train for the 42 at 42

All in the mind Sherpa.
    At the end of the day it boils down to one question:

How much do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Navigator View Post
    All in the mind Sherpa.
    At the end of the day it boils down to one question:

How much do you want it?
    Very true

Well done to everyone who got round, not great conditions at all on legs 2 and 3 (for those with 6-7 pm ish starts)
    Well done to all that got round, from what I've heard leg 2 was rather challenging, pity I had to be at work the next day
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by grimmer View Post
    News just starting to filter through. Think quite a few completions, maybe as many as 9 in total on the Dark Peak BG attempt - one a supporter who carried for others legs one and 2 then carried on. Sounds like an epic. Full details should emerge on here/dpfr web site shortly...
    Dark Peak and friends had 10 starters, 2 pulled out (1 sickness and the other behind Schedule) + Ash who supprted first two legs and then pushed on(sneaky) Julie who is also a member of Dark peak had her own BG and was self supported by friends got round and was regularly changing places with the main event.

"Another good day of high adventure and lots of weather. Simon Rippon, Karen Davison, Mick Stenton, Helen Elmore, Steve Jones, Simon Bacsich, Becky Harper, and Ashley Kay (late as usual) achieved the Bob Graham in times between 22.45 and 23.37"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Lee Langdon (Pennine FR) had a successful anticlockwise round, finishing this morning in 22hrs and 23min.
    I had a chat with Lee as he whizzed past at Black Sail Pass and warned him of the traffic up ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    Julie Gardner successfully got round despite a challenging night. The Dark Peak train was awesome in full flight and glad they got all but a couple round in their group. Well done to everyone who got round, not great conditions at all on legs 2 and 3 (for those with 6-7 pm ish starts) and those navigators certainly earned a few pints this weekend! I have to say I have massive respect for anyone who does the BG.
    Weather was awful on legs 2 and 3 but slowly picked up for 4 and 5

It was great fun supporting this and the camararderie between the team was excellent

My biggest worry was the 25 BGers in Lords Rake