Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: BGs 26/27/28 June '09

Re: BGs 26/27/28 June '09

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    all supporters are special

esp those that get you round.

Ask any BG finisher
    Special and selfless, (not selfish daz) Humbling experience has been mentioned, well its a humbling experience watching a successful round being completed, a good support team is priceless, but, at the end of the day they can only do so much, hat's off to all successful BG'ers, hope to join you next year
    Hills and Guinness!

That was a great day. Still a bit bruised from a minor fall on the way off some Pike / Fell / End (clumsy is my middle name), but loved every minute.

Annoyed at myself for losing touch with Karl and Bill over Scafell Pike, and hence missing out on Leg 4, but the day as a whole was fantastic.

As has been said, the way people come together from far flung corners with a common purpose and all contribute to this thing is amazing.

I had a great time and I'm right chuffed to have met so many great folk... restores some your faith in humanity.

Karl, you may have had doubts after losing time on Leg 2, but it didn't show and you kept a good pace, and Bill, your navigating was pretty damn slick, even though I could hardly tell what you were saying in warp speed Cumbrian!!!.

Great times; great folk and happy days.

Note to self: Lesson learnt: If you need to stop to retreive / adjust something while supporting, run on ahead and let them catch you up while you do it... then you'll not get so removed from the group.

Thanks for having me along Karl... it was a privilege.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    Note to self: Lesson learnt: If you need to stop to retreive / adjust something while supporting, run on ahead and let them catch you up while you do it... then you'll not get so removed from the group.

Thanks for having me along Karl... it was a privilege.
    Tell me about it! I went to put the time for Great Gable to on the sheet, looked up only to see that they had already disappeared down some Baggins secret descent (noted for Borrowdale). so they tried to drop me too!

Not falling for that one again.

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    Tell me about it! I went to put the time for Great Gable to on the sheet, looked up only to see that they had already disappeared down some Baggins secret descent (noted for Borrowdale). so they tried to drop me too!

Not falling for that one again.

Hey I looked round to see that you were ok! honestly.... and a price I paid too....almost a triple salca in front of a bunch of tourists at Windy gap!! oh well more fuel to their beliefs we fell runners are nutters!

Many thanks to all the Pennine lot and families and kids of…. who supported us. The team (including those doing it) made it a great day out. For me, it took the help and patience of RichT and Simon to bring me back on track after not being able to stand on Yewbarrow. I just wanted to go to sleep where I stumbled. Once I’d decided a 26 hour time could be achieved (…and gave up on keeping up) the day fell back into place and allowed us to get to the cheering crowd at the Moot Hall. Fabulous day I’ll treasure.
    Marko - I’m sure when you go for it again you’ll make it look easy, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Special and selfless, (not selfish daz) Humbling experience has been mentioned, well its a humbling experience watching a successful round being completed, a good support team is priceless, but, at the end of the day they can only do so much, hat's off to all successful BG'ers, hope to join you next year
    I'll second that...

Supporting makes you realise the scale of the thing... but it also maks see that what once was a pipe dream may, just may, actually be do-able.

So you've set your date then Steve?

I was looking at next year myself, but had a wobble a few weeks back... looks a bit more feasible now... I'm not proposing a joint attempt as such... can't bear the pressure... but we'll see how things progress.

Count me in to, at the very least, carry your windcheater!

See you at the FP Relay.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge