Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BGR 17/18 July - Need pacers

Re: BGR 17/18 July - Need pace

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Hi James, there'll be a herd of ponys trotting round just behind you (7 pm start) as they are doing a relay around the route.

What sort of schedule are you following, i'm sure help will be about if you need it. (the ponys may follow ewe if yer's are good navigators )

Good to hear there's a sweeper movement close behind - until it's in front. It will be good pressure on the pace - + I presume since they will be fresh, they will carry us over the boggy bits......

James

23miles due West of British West Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    Seems like you're sorted for help then. Cheers for letting us know either way

Iain
    Hey up Bobert, how is the knee, so are you on this attempt or not, our pony squad is setting off 30mins after these guys, and may not even catch them up if they go as fast as you. If they need help in any way in central fells and we are about thats nee problem, hope weather holds out.
    LOST TIME IS NEVER FOUND AGAIN, WHAT WE CALL TIME ENOUGH ALWAYS PROVES LITTLE ENOUGH.

23miles due West of British West Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    Well each fell pony will have up to four legs and there are five legs on the Bob Graham Round. This makes a minimum of twenty legs It is relay difficult to count the total number of legs as we don't know if the fell ponies are solo or polo ponies.

I have herd that Shanks' ponies will also be running.

The fell ponies also have a tail to trail round the trail.
    They will have a few tales to tell after hoofing it round the Round.

After finishing the Round and buying a few rounds to drink, the fell ponies will all end up legless.

It therefore does't relay matter how many legs are used by the fell ponies.
    Shank's for me,
    LOST TIME IS NEVER FOUND AGAIN, WHAT WE CALL TIME ENOUGH ALWAYS PROVES LITTLE ENOUGH.

I was keeping an eye on this thread. To be honest I am now utterly confused as to who is doing what, who is taking the p***, who is running, who is relaying etc etc (and i have re-read it all)

Anyway, I can't offer to help on the Saturday as I will be on call for work. I may very well drive through to Keswick after work Friday though and see 'whats garn on' as we say up here. And if I go to the trouble of driving through I would then do legs 1 and half of 2 (or all of 2 if a lift back was on the cards).
    Last edited by bestathlete; 09-07-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: forgot to type the word 'be' originally
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Bobert

Eh up marras, seems like there was confusion in electronical land and got an email from Duncan and James to confirm they need help on leg 3 and 4. I'm now helping one or both on leg 3. We might see you Ambrosia and the rest of the posse. Which leg are you running or are you chief pony organiser. Knee is still a bit tender, just going steady on it, hopefully all will be fine for next week.

BA- another late night my friend

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    Well each fell pony will have up to four legs and there are five legs on the Bob Graham Round. This makes a minimum of twenty legs It is relay difficult to count the total number of legs as we don't know if the fell ponies are solo or polo ponies.

I have herd that Shanks' ponies will also be running.

The fell ponies also have a tail to trail round the trail.
    They will have a few tales to tell after hoofing it round the Round.

After finishing the Round and buying a few rounds to drink, the fell ponies will all end up legless.

It therefore does't relay matter how many legs are used by the fell ponies.
    Your a funny guy X
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Your a funny guy X
    I was just pulling your legs
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    The Fell Pony relay is starting at 19.00 on the Friday and there are Ponys doing every leg.

Karl (Ambrosia Kid on the forum) has done the organising and there will be 2,3 or 4 people on each leg.

I plan to do Legs 3 & 4 (and if I'm still in one piece Leg 5), so plan to be at Dunmail in the faithful old Honda well before 03.00.

Don't think the pace will be lightening quick, but being a relay there'll be fresh legs all the way around.

We're planning to be self-sufficient, and as I want to get 2 or 3 legs in, I can't carry much for others, but if it's moral support you need, there'll be plenty of folk around.

Let us know how your plans are coming together.
    What is the route is relay doing up Scafell out of interest? Just wondered if there would be a rope on Broad Stand. We plan Foxes Tarn, but if there was a rope, Broad Stand might be tempting.

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by duncan_harris View Post
    What is the route is relay doing up Scafell out of interest? Just wondered if there would be a rope on Broad Stand. We plan Foxes Tarn, but if there was a rope, Broad Stand might be tempting.

Duncan
    Keen to know that myself Duncan as i'm on leg 3, its a bit disorganised, as are all Pony adventures, but if i find out, i'll let you know
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Keen to know that myself Duncan as i'm on leg 3, its a bit disorganised, as are all Pony adventures, but if i find out, i'll let you know
    may be they should try all three and get a time split or each? there's enough of them???