Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tmb 2009

Re: Tmb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    I'm doing this. I always run with two hand-held bottles and never carry water in my rucksack (unless I'm self-supported and have to carry more to get me through a whole day). I wonder how the rules will cope with that?
    I doubt that it matters where the 1 liter of liquid is (except in your body) as long as you have it when exiting a checkpoint. They probably only stipulate rucksack as most people tend to use them for all kit and liquid. As has already been said you can dump some as soon as you exit a checkpoint.
    Would 1/2 liter not be a bit heavy in each hand though? Like me, no sticks for you then!
    Last edited by Alan Lucker; 10-08-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: error
    Lancslad

Good luck to all taking part in the TMB, TDS, CCC, and PTL, next week. I hope to meet some of you there again.
    Fingers crossed for slightly cooler conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lucker View Post
    Good luck to all taking part in the TMB, TDS, CCC, and PTL, next week. I hope to meet some of you there again.
    Fingers crossed for slightly cooler conditions.
    I'll echo Alan''s Good Luck messsage.

Brian Melia from Ilkley is having a go at the UTMB, having done a BG last year.

He's borrowed my Raid Light poles. He'll be the one tripping folk up with them.

Hope they help Brian.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Alan, I don't mind the hand-helds. I've used them for years on all events including hundreds. They're good as counterbalance weights for hammering downhill without trashing the legs. I can't be bothered with trying poles. They look like encumberances and I'd be forever fearful of stabbing someone with them. There are enough people doing that already!

I've been monitoring the long range forecast for UTMB weekend. It's going to be cool (cooler than here even). Low single figures in Chamonix at night could mean sub zero in the mountains where we'll be? Daytime temperatures will struggle to low - mid teens. Pack your warm clothes everyone.

Cheers for the heads up Nick. I was always going to pack a mix of clothing. Comfort is the key on such a long event.
    It will be worth keeping a close eye on the forecast as no drop bag in Champex means having the right clothes when exiting Courmayuer for the long stretch to the finish. Hope they have the forecast wrong, but only regarding the amount of rain.

Good luck all those toeing this particular line.

6.30 pm start French time.

The "Half" went off at 10.00 am French time.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Feet in the Cowclaps

I've found britnick on the live system - looks like very steady start and going well. Hope it continues! Couldn't find the others but might swot up on the old french and see if I can follow instructions on how to find the others!

Feet in the Cowclaps

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    I've found britnick on the live system - looks like very steady start and going well. Hope it continues! Couldn't find the others but might swot up on the old french and see if I can follow instructions on how to find the others!
    Yes, he's doing well, with alan lucker not far behind. IainR is also doing well after a steady start, he's 87th.

In the TDS runningham is 31st and skippy 6th lady (81st overall). Alun Powell is third and first Brit.

Feet in the Cowclaps

22 year old Kilian Jornet has won in 21.33 hours.