Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lingmell Dash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lingmell Dash

25th July 2009, 2PM, from Wasdale Head. (4.5miles, 2500', AS)

Race goes straight up and down.

Just thought I would create an entry for this race as it's a fund raising event for the Wasdale MRT.

Re: Lingmell Dash

Thinking of running this on Saturday, just wondering if anyone had a servicable map? I've only been able to find a jpeg of a black and white photocopy,http://www.wasdalemrt.org.uk/general...20aug%2003.htm not exactly ideal.

Answering my own question here, but I've transcribed this http://gb.mapometer.com/en/running/route_1393998.html from the aforementioned photocopy, think it's right-ish, but I stand to be corrected.
    Last edited by Ze Monsta; 19-07-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: answered my own question.

As you say its right-ish but isn't the race line. I wouldn't worry about it too much as you can see a good half of the route from the valley floor and the forecast is pretty good so visibility shouldn't be a problem.

Just ask around at the start, there will be plenty of people to give you advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger+Out View Post
    As you say its right-ish but isn't the race line. I wouldn't worry about it too much as you can see a good half of the route from the valley floor and the forecast is pretty good so visibility shouldn't be a problem.

Just ask around at the start, there will be plenty of people to give you advice.
    Cheers Roger+Out, I'm not too worried, as a mid-pack plodder there is usually a stream of people to follow, and I'm travelling up with an old hand who does know the route, and should see me right. (his advice on Blisco was invaluable)
    But if anyone does see someone looking lost, it may be me, so take pity.

Thanks to Wasdale MRT for a superb race, cracking weather for my first Lingmell Dash. Pity it was such a small field, but it did give me my best ever position in a fell race,so I can't complain. Will be back again next year.

Results up here http://www.wasdale-mountain-rescue.o...neral~news.htm seems like a long time ago, but not seen them anywhere til now.
    Not seen any photos either, and someone was really well placed at the stile on the descent, would be good to see 'em.

Cant wait for the race on Saturday.

It's a cracker.

http://fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=3043

"Think it might be a different this Saturday. Looking forward to this, weather looks a bit cooler than of late, still gonna be sweating like a trooper on that climb though."

​See you on the tops Fozzy42, I'm marshalling this year. Your right, it's going to be a lot different. Have a good un. f.

Banned
    Anyone do this little event?

Spectated as had daughter and friend in the womens race.
    Victoria Wilkinson 1st, Jasmin Paris 2nd. Record broken by several minutes - by 20 runners apparently (though I've not seen results).
    Sophie Horrocks 1st U23
    We had to leave soon after the Mens winner was in but believe it was Simon Bailey 1st, Finlay Wild 2nd. Record broken by about 3 mins?