Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: South Wales Traverse

Re: South Wales Traverse

well done rob and yiannis. It must have been cold at times on the saturday. You are ticking off the long distance rounds at a pace.

Well done to you both
    Bill

Yes congratulations Rob and Yiannis - another one under your belts. Was that just training for the Meirionnydd Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Yiannis took a pioneering(?) route via Crickhowell. Just before descending to Blaen-y-Cwm (Forest Pit) I gave him a call - he was one hill back so I guess the standard route won .
    Rob
    Looking at the times (which the forumites don't have) it would appear that my route via Mynydd Llangynidr and Crickhowell cost me an extra 30 minutes. That is assuming we were moving at similar pace in that part of the run (a reasonable assumption since I did the next section - Black mountains in a shorter time than Rob).
    Yiannis

another one under your belts. Was that just training for the Meirionnydd Rob!
    I've fancied the route for a while, MM, but yes it is part of the plan...

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Looking at the times (which the forumites don't have) it would appear that my route via Mynydd Llangynidr and Crickhowell cost me an extra 30 minutes. That is assuming we were moving at similar pace in that part of the run (a reasonable assumption since I did the next section - Black mountains in a shorter time than Rob).
    Yiannis
    Yes our splits were pretty similar over that section now you mention it. Main differences were a bit of a photofest on Pen Allt-mawr (the golden hour pre-sunset was very good), and particularly, you were 6 mins faster than I on the descent to forest pit car park. I spent 19 mins at Cwm-gu. So the Crickhowell route may have cost you nearer 40 mins (41 less whatever time you spent at your food dump).

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    I've fancied the route for a while, MM, but yes it is part of the plan...

Yes our splits were pretty similar over that section now you mention it. Main differences were a bit of a photofest on Pen Allt-mawr (the golden hour pre-sunset was very good), and particularly, you were 6 mins faster than I on the descent to forest pit car park. I spent 19 mins at Cwm-gu. So the Crickhowell route may have cost you nearer 40 mins (41 less whatever time you spent at your food dump).
    I must have spent just 3 or 4 minutes to pick up supplies but did not time the stop.
    Yiannis