Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Herod Farm Hill race

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    Buxton men stealing the team prize from under Pennine's nose
    Serious words needed as Buxton's 3rd counter was Jacob Winfield, son of Pennine's Nat...

Anyway, ShUOC had 1st, 4th and 6th (Matt, Myself and Max) so if it wasn't a Pennine club champs I could have entered as ShUOC for a lump of chocolate!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I could have entered as ShUOC for a lump of chocolate!
    With permission from Dark Peak of course.
    I sense you feel a tad miffed (you old man) as you got sandwiched in 4th place between the prize winners. I would be. I'd be happy to send the unclaimed FV70 bottle of plonk over the hill to the Downfall tomorrow.
    But you would need to nominate someone off the KD starting list to collect it for you from off my Glossopdale courier.
    Last edited by OB1; 22-04-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: I was told I was being sexist.
    Powered by Ugali.

haha I only want prizes I deserve.

Extra kudos to Matt who raced 4 orienteering races pretty hard over the Easter weekend at the JK. I was determined to overtake Tom Fellbaum (5th) as he'd sat out Sunday's long distance whilst we both finished it
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Serious words needed as Buxton's 3rd counter was Jacob Winfield, son of Pennine's Nat...

Anyway, ShUOC had 1st, 4th and 6th (Matt, Myself and Max) so if it wasn't a Pennine club champs I could have entered as ShUOC for a lump of chocolate!
    So Pennine were only 3rd...? Tut tut...

Quote Originally Posted by BuxtonPete View Post
    So Pennine were only 3rd...? Tut tut...
    Haha HaHa nice on Pete!!!!!!
    Great to see the Buxton'ers doing so well
    Lets see what happens tomorrow Morn'....
    For those that are Downfalling ...........
    Not forgetting 3 Days of Madness in May.....
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Shack View Post
    Haha HaHa nice on Pete!!!!!!
    Great to see the Buxton'ers doing so well
    Lets see what happens tomorrow Morn'....
    For those that are Downfalling ...........
    Not forgetting 3 Days of Madness in May.....
    We'll be out in force for "3 Days". Great event today - 'twas a shame Dark Peak shaded us for the team prize but I understand they're quite good at fell running... We'll do better when our quicker boys stop messing about with road running. Speaking of which, Nat Winfield had a decent run in London today. By the way, the Hayfield website credits Rob Little with the win (oops)

Quote Originally Posted by BuxtonPete View Post
    We'll be out in force for "3 Days". Great event today - 'twas a shame Dark Peak shaded us for the team prize but I understand they're quite good at fell running... We'll do better when our quicker boys stop messing about with road running. Speaking of which, Nat Winfield had a decent run in London today. By the way, the Hayfield website credits Rob Little with the win (oops)
    I noticed that Peter. The Buxton runner (Alister Campbell?)had a massive lead over second place at the trig point.Rob Little looked to be about 10th or so.

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    I noticed that Peter. The Buxton runner (Alister Campbell?)had a massive lead over second place at the trig point.Rob Little looked to be about 10th or so.
    Me too - I've sent an email to SteveT asking him to correct it - watch that space and also the Downfall thread which is really where this info 'belongs :-)

Plus - well done the Buxton crew, not forgetting the Penine'rs & the boys & girls from the Dark Side ;-) and all the others that enjoyed another very special day on Kinder.....and later in the Royal too
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    Sorted now

Master
    Oooo...look what just snook back into the FRA calendar!
    https://fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=6604

[Thanks to all the decent hard work that has gone into the FRA race paperwork over recent years, and offline responses to queries / clarifications]

Weds 17th April 2019 - race start at 19:30, usual venue and course, full details on our website.
    https://glossopdaleharriers.wordpres...arm-fell-race/

Now that winter is over, Glossopdale Harriers invite you to come and spend £3 (£1 per mile) to proudly wear your number on your chest for this evening lung-buster; up and down the Nab and up and down again. Traditionally the first of the local Peak District mid-week evening fell races. Also gets your legs nicely warmed up for the Kinder Downfall and Madness in May.

Usual individual and team prizes courtesy of Joe Barber Plumbers.
    Why not 'breeze along' and maybe even grab one of the prizes (MV70 has got Uncle-B's name on it ]
    Usual race-HQ support from Reliance Garage, and usual mad-rush to get prizes awarded before dark.

Juniors (14-17) most welcome with Parent/Legal Guardian signature or signed FRA parental consent form when registering.

Please allow for or avoid potential traffic delays on A57 in Glossop (Dinting area) which are likely due to planned road works taking place over the Easter holidays.

Cheers
    RO.
    Last edited by OB1; 04-04-2019 at 09:04 PM.