Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Borrowdale fell entry

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Re: Wanted - Borrowdale fell e

[QUOTE=Stolly;242546]Good point. Its almost certainly all my fault.

A told them that I'd run the route before (but was economic with the truth as to quite how I fared)

That says it all for me, backs your point its ok to lie and potentially be a liability

Re requirements for long races being over the top , that is a separate argument, the point here is, is it ok to lie, not everyone who does will have your level of experience and not least there is the issue of leapfrogging in those races with waiting lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    If i get an entry, i plan to email the organiser with my experience. If they say no, then fair enough. Don't plan to cheat or be dishonest. Never done borrowdale tho so not too sure how i'll do over this distance. Also will there be refreshments halfway round?
    Pimms and appetiser's just before halfway.

If i get an entry, i plan to email the organiser with my experience. If they say no, then fair enough. Don't plan to cheat or be dishonest. Never done borrowdale tho so not too sure how i'll do over this distance. Also will there be refreshments halfway round?
    And you have checked that there is not a reserve list and people ahead of you in the queue for a number?

Bobert

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    And you have checked that there is not a reserve list and people ahead of you in the queue for a number?
    Queues?

Oh, you're English!

Queues?

Oh, you're English!
    foreign push in?

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Good point. Its almost certainly all my fault.

A told them that I'd run the route before (but was economic with the truth as to quite how I fared)
    That says it all for me, backs your point its ok to lie and potentially be a liability

Re requirements for long races being over the top , that is a separate argument, the point here is, is it ok to lie, not everyone who does will have your level of experience and not least there is the issue of leapfrogging in those races with waiting lists.
    Hey like I said I didn't lie. I told them that I'd run the route before which I had. And I wasn't a liability - I just checked back the results and I finished 344th out of 407 finishers with another 100 odd dnf-ing. 344th on the day out of 507 starters placed me comfortably within the race criteria I'd say.

Also will there be refreshments halfway round?
    I think there's water at Honiston but thats it, other than what you carry or drink from streams on the way. I reckon the weather will be wet so drink shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I think there's water at Honiston but thats it, other than what you carry or drink from streams on the way. I reckon the weather will be wet so drink shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    It's Honister Stolly, Honestly
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Is there not a reserve list for Borrowdale like Ben Nevis, i had to pull out of that, contacted the organiser and my place was passed on to someone on that list who met the entry requirements, seems the best way to do things right.
    Perhaps they could both disqualify the person who has taken the the number and ban the person giving away the number from the race in question in the future if they have breached the organisers rules?

No reserve list event website says event is full but you can enter with a substitution along as the substitute can prove they meet the entry requirements on race day.

Hey like I said I didn't lie. I told them that I'd run the route before which I had. And I wasn't a liability - I just checked back the results and I finished 344th out of 407 finishers with another 100 odd dnf-ing. 344th on the day out of 507 starters placed me comfortably within the race criteria I'd say.
    I meet all the requirement but not sure how fast I'll be, I've not done anything long for 6-7 weeks, aim to be in top third but who can tell