Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another novice..

Re: Another novice..

Hello again Hannah, i'm new to fell running i used to run trails and stuff before, i threw myself in at the deep end and it hasn't done me any harm yet although that may not neccessarily be good advice. Don't be scared of mountains they're just inanimate pieces of rock but do know your limits.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Bit of advise.....when you go for a run anywhere in a car/someone elses car....remember to pack a full set of dry clothes....a big towel to cover yourself when changing and obvs to dry yourself when your wet and muddy...and something to stand on helps....and....a black-bin bag to put your dirty, wet and muddy clothes in.
    When I was kayaking I got into the habit of taking along my 'special towel'. 2 Bath sheets sewn together along both long sides and 1 short side. Gaps left in the stitching to allow for head and arms.

Head to toe, windproof toga

Meant I was able to stand otherwise naked, in a busy carpark, after the Matlock raft race on Boxing Day.....

Quote Originally Posted by No vice View Post
    When I was kayaking I got into the habit of taking along my 'special towel'. 2 Bath sheets sewn together along both long sides and 1 short side. Gaps left in the stitching to allow for head and arms.

Head to toe, windproof toga

Meant I was able to stand otherwise naked, in a busy carpark, after the Matlock raft race on Boxing Day.....

Ha ha Brilliant, i think thats probably the best tip i've had on this forum so far! and it had the added bonus of making me smile on a monday morning! Great, thanks NV!