Thread: Ankle/Heel pain

Ankle/Heel pain

I have, for the past 5 to 6 days been getting sharp pains in or around the heel/ankle area, mainly on the inside of my right foot. It comes and goes and when it's there it's really painful. Any ideas what this could be?
    Thanks
    SJ

Re: Ankle/Heel pain

Me too ! I suspect tendonitis of the foot. It started on the ligaments on the outside of my right foot. Then moved to my instep. Sometimes it hurts like hell if I walk around the house, sometimes not at all. Seems to go away if I go for a walk ( I can't run at the moment I broke my collar bone last week) . I did moel siabod without any problems but it is a contouring decent so I think it may have started the problem off. The week after I did not warm up fully for a track session and it started then.

Whingeing again?

hi

it maybe the dread plantar fasciitis which I think I'm suffering from at the mo.

This appears to be a total bastard of an injury, hard to get rid of and potentially career (!) threatening.

Mine is heel pain, under the heel mind. Spreading along the sole to instep but mostly heel. Its bad when I get out of bed in the morning. Something about rest at night makes it worse.

Cure (according to the world web net) is towel stretches, calf stretches, not running and rolling golf balls under foot.

I haven't run for 3 week and to be honest it feels like its getting worse.

you do not want this. (and I hope for your sake you ain't got it)

really sorry to hear that mate

have you changed your shoes recently? they say that can bring this PF on sometimes ...

pf is worse in the mornings . whilst resting its healing , when you get up you break the heal . read this somewhere on the net . had mine 2 years , stretched , iced , injected , strassborg sock , golf balls . none worked , avoid it !!!

I'm having a reet good moan about this aren't I?

Physio tmrw. See what she says.

Lilactime: don't like the sound of that "breaking the heel" crack. Wonder I can get signed of work for a few weeks and stay in bed?!

Zoot: I hadn't changed shoes but might have been at the end of the last pair-the polar opposite but also a "dangerous" time I believe

ankle pain!!!!!!!!!!!! i broke my right ankle 12 weeks ago. after 1 1/2 weeks out of plaster i tripped and tried to save myself going down on my bad ankle by hopping forward only to go over on my left ankle tearing the ligaments and tendon at one point standing upright my ankles touched before my knees. still not able to run after 3 1/2 months but i am going to try cycling to work tommorrow so things are looking up. got to lose the 2 1/2 stone i,ve put on
    slow upfast down