Thread: Lakes routes

Lakes routes

I'm staying in the Newlands Valley next month for a few nights (Rowling End) and was wondering if anyone had any running routes they may wish to share. I was pondering the Anniversary Waltz route but it will depend on the weather and maybe a bit much for me at the moment post op. Any suggestions welcome, preferably 6-10 miles with a few climbs.

thanks
    JB

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner1975 View Post
    I'm staying in the Newlands Valley next month for a few nights (Rowling End) and was wondering if anyone had any running routes they may wish to share. I was pondering the Anniversary Waltz route but it will depend on the weather and maybe a bit much for me at the moment post op. Any suggestions welcome, preferably 6-10 miles with a few climbs.

thanks
    JB
    AW route or any part thereof is easily accessible from Rowling End e.g. Robinson, Hindscarth, Dale Head and then back via Newlands.

Starting at Rowling end, take the ridge over Causey and continue as far as you like, all the way to Eel Crag if you want. You can bail out after Causey, Scar Crags or Sail and return via Stoneycroft Gill. Far better is to do the complete loop including Outerside and Barrow.

Favourite ridge route is to go over to Buttermere (car or via Rigg/Sail Beck or Ard Crags if feeling energetic!) Return via Whiteless Pike, Wandope, Eel Crag, Sail, Scar Craggs, Causey Pike. Basically the Buttermere Sail Beck fell race in reverse.
    Last edited by PeteS; 23-02-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Thanks for that! http://maps.the-hug.net/ is a canny wee site to plot on an OS map.

Went for the AW route. Cracking! top weather too

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner1975 View Post
    Went for the AW route. Cracking! top weather too
    Glad you enjoyed it. Next time I'm up in the lakes will be for the Anniversary Waltz

Can't wait - always a good race that one. :-)
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I wouldn't do weights in the gym, I'd do a circuit on cross trainer, bike and treadmill. When I had a reasonable level of fitness a few years ago, that's what I did whilst my daughter swam.????