Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Care to join me?

Re: Care to join me?

An eye opening run out with southernsoftie on a recce of the Boulsworth race.

A first proper fell outing under my belt but I don't think it was quite what either of us expected. Conditions underfoot were grim. Tussocks, bogs, marshes, scorched bracken, stiles - loved it , so much so we added an extra 2.5 miles to the route

SS remember when I said that there was something niggling me about Crow Hill - have just read the Boulsworth race thread, really tickled me

Oh well, if you didn't laugh you'd cry. I suppose were sorted if grifter fancies doing a Boulsworth Extreme next year

Anyway, pleasure meeting with you ss - top bloke, hope your 100% for next week.

Sorry to have missed you ukhursty - good luck with the knee.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Details here:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18361964
    10.92mi/1,641ft of climb

Yes indeed Chubbs, big error on my part! But we ran further and climbed higher, so it's all in the bank!

Went to a completely different hill for the first CP, so there was a lot of head-scratching trying to figure out lines we'd need - all of which is now totally irrelevant.

An HR reading would have been interesting on this one - forgot to put it on - as I was struggling round with the remnants of my cold/flu thingy. Chest was very tight and at times had difficulty breathing, but survived.

Was planning on hitting the road miles with a few early morning runs this week, but reckon I'll take it easy and have another look mid-week, give it a chance to clear fully.

Good to meet you Chubbs, reckon you'll do well getting into this. Your MTB background will serve you well (plenty of other MTBers on here as you'll come to see) and you seemed very eager to be running up the hills all the time. Given my chest, this was a bit shocking at times as I just wanted you to stop so I could get me breath. Probably did me good to have you drag me round!

I did redeem myself navigationally as I stretched off in the car park as there was an old couple who couldn't find their way to Wycoller. I helped!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Martin,

We were parked by the Atom panopticon thingummy, on the hill above Wycoller. We waited 'til 0810 then slowly trotted down into Wycoller to see if you were hanging about by the old hall. Then headed out to the other Wycoller car park to see if you were there, but you weren't: probably got there at about 0820, so this might have been after you'd headed off to Pendle.

Not to worry. Catcha later.

G

CTJM watchers: there'll be no CTJM for next two weekends, though of course you can always join me at the Boulsworth and FTOP! Watch this space for when normal service resumes, weekend after FTOP.

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Martin,

We were parked by the Atom panopticon thingummy, on the hill above Wycoller. We waited 'til 0810 then slowly trotted down into Wycoller to see if you were hanging about by the old hall. Then headed out to the other Wycoller car park to see if you were there, but you weren't: probably got there at about 0820, so this might have been after you'd headed off to Pendle.

Not to worry. Catcha later.

G

CTJM watchers: there'll be no CTJM for next two weekends, though of course you can always join me at the Boulsworth and FTOP! Watch this space for when normal service resumes, weekend after FTOP.
    Aha I see! Don't know why I had the car park in my head? Must have just missed you guys!

Looks like Boulsworth is out of the question for me now with the injury, going to try and get it right for the tour!

Back to normal this weekend...possibly.

The plan is to recce a route out of Worston - 4mi and 1,200ft of climb. This for a headtorch run I'm looking at doing in the coming weeks. Looking to do 2 laps of the circuit to nail the route and get some more mileage/cimb in (so 8mi/2,400ft).

May also throw in a few hill reps of a smaller hill just outside Worston (Worsaw Hill) at the end. Just for a laugh!

If you want to join me for all, or just one circuit, feel free.

The possibly comes into it because I may have to go down to Devon at the weekend as my Nan isn't well. I'll let you know before Sunday. If I do, and anyone wants to join me for a run along the coast in the Torbay area...get in touch.

The plan is to recce a route out of Worston - 4mi and 1,200ft of climb. This for a headtorch run I'm looking at doing in the coming weeks. Looking to do 2 laps of the circuit to nail the route and get some more mileage/cimb in (so 8mi/2,400ft).

May also throw in a few hill reps of a smaller hill just outside Worston (Worsaw Hill) at the end. Just for a laugh!

The possibly comes into it because I may have to go down to Devon at the weekend as my Nan isn't well. I'll let you know before Sunday. If I do, and anyone wants to join me for a run along the coast in the Torbay area...get in touch.
    No can do SS, I'm hoping to do a long run from Arncliffe on Sunday morning, not being able to run on Saturday
    Last edited by Stolly; 25-11-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    No can do SS, I'm hoping to do a long run from Arncliffe on Sunday morning, not be able to run on Saturday
    Not to worry.

I should have said as well: it'll be 0800 on Sunday a.m.

The plan is to recce a route out of Worston - 4mi and 1,200ft of climb. This for a headtorch run I'm looking at doing in the coming weeks. Looking to do 2 laps of the circuit to nail the route and get some more mileage/cimb in (so 8mi/2,400ft.

Aye I wanted to that that 'timed run', but not bothering. Can't believe its over Worston hill hehe, it is steep though, and full of rabbit holes!

Going to give it a miss though, and the recce as my leg is still not healing, so I better get it healed once and for all first before anymore racing.

Good thing about it, few pints in the Calfs Head post race!!

Devon it is, so Pendle's cancelled. Well, it's still there, but you know what I mean. Anyone fancy a run over Berry Head and along the coast from Brixham, holla!

Devon it is, so Pendle's cancelled. Well, it's still there, but you know what I mean. Anyone fancy a run over Berry Head and along the coast from Brixham, holla!
    Sorry to hear mate, hope your Nan is ok!