Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Football ...

Re: Football ...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    yep thats the season after the FA trophy final. we are struggling financially as they never let us be promoted due to the ground
    Mossley were a cracking outfit at the time. I remember them winning the NPL but not being invited to become founder members of the Conference (or Alliance Premier league as they called it in those days). You've certainly had a few years in the doldrums since then !! Didn't Danny Toronczak play for you a couple of seasons ago ?
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
    Mossley were a cracking outfit at the time. I remember them winning the NPL but not being invited to become founder members of the Conference (or Alliance Premier league as they called it in those days). You've certainly had a few years in the doldrums since then !! Didn't Danny Toronczak play for you a couple of seasons ago ?
    I wouldnt say years in the doldrums. In the past 10 years. Weve been promoted 3 times relegated 1 once. Won the League Trophy a few times. Went 42games unbeaten in 2003. Got to the FA Vase quarter final 3years on the trot and the semi once, every time being knocked out by Winchester.

Aye Danny played for us last season but spat his dummy out for some reason
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

I wouldnt say years in the doldrums. In the past 10 years. Weve been promoted 3 times relegated 1 once. Won the League Trophy a few times. Went 42games unbeaten in 2003. Got to the FA Vase quarter final 3years on the trot and the semi once, every time being knocked out by Winchester.

Aye Danny played for us last season but spat his dummy out for some reason

Come close to going under I believe as well though - I remember Mossley were THE team to beat in the early 80s - one of the best non-league teams in the country. When I meant doldrums I was referring to their drop down into the North-West Counties league, took them a few years to get back up the Unibond (NPL).

Even now they are at the 4th tier of non-league, as opposed to the top tier in 1979 ! No offence was meant though, I really like the club.

Here at sunny Silsden AFC we are still stuck in the North West Counties league, although in the clubs' 100 year or so history never been relegated once !!!

Danny T also turned out for us last season. He's featured in a few pre-season games this season but I don't think is too fit at the moment & hasn't signed on - a few other clubs are sniffing so he may go elsewhere. I know his missus well.
    Last edited by Anorak; 13-08-2009 at 05:43 PM.
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
    Come close to going under I believe as well though - I remember Mossley were THE team to beat in the early 80s - one of the best non-league teams in the country. When I meant doldrums I was referring to their drop down into the North-West Counties league, took them a few years to get back up the Unibond (NPL).

Here at sunny Silsden AFC we are still stuck in the North West Counties league, although in the clubs' 100 year or so history never been relegated once !!!

Danny T also turned out for us last season. He's featured in a few pre-season games this season but I don't think is too fit at the moment & hasn't signed on - a few other clubs are sniffing so he may go elsewhere. I know his missus well.
    yep we are still teetering on the edge.
    My dad remembers 26000 at Wembley of which 7000 were dagenham and redbridge fans. Now we only get 100 compared to near enougha thousand at one time.
    We had some shite managers as well.

The players wages are almost 50% less than most other clubs in our league.
    Compared to Bradford park Avenue whose wage bill was almost £8000 per week last year, ours is just around £600 so we cant entice the best players.
    Even ive been on the subs bench pre season

Not over keen on football meself, overpaid prima donna's some of em, everyone's entitled to their opinion though and if you don't want to watch it, don't.
    Don't mind womens's football though............hmmm
    Hills and Guinness!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Not over keen on football meself, overpaid prima donna's some of em, everyone's entitled to their opinion though and if you don't want to watch it, don't.
    Don't mind womens's football though............hmmm
    More of a womens beach volleyball fan myself.
    TBH i dont see why women do sport they should just stay in the kitchen where they belong

More of a womens beach volleyball fan myself.
    TBH i dont see why women do sport they should just stay in the kitchen where they belong
    Beach volleyball will do an all
    I think you'll be a big hit with the ladies young man, or get a big hit
    Hills and Guinness!

I hate it when the football season is over.

However, the exciting bits of the summer are when the different leagues announce their compositions for the following season. I am currently (on another forum - for footy people) in discussion with another anorak regarding the East Riding Amateur league line up for this season, name changes, mergers, etc etc - love it !!

FA Cup weekend coming up - local derby, Silsden v Colne.

Can't wait !
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

the england match was well worth watching just to see that greedy money grabbing b****ed barry make a real twat of himself.
    slow upfast down

can we ban your crap opinions on the national sport.
    steady on young man

our fantastic national sport has its season - it lives and breathes very well and dominates the media for a good portion of the year

have patience

which is something you learn playing cricket

grasshopper
    Last edited by ZootHornRollo; 13-08-2009 at 11:28 PM.