Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMM KAMLEIKA trousers

OMM KAMLEIKA trousers

Does anyone have a pair? I tried running in waterproof trousers at the Phoenix last weekend and it was nasty! I saw plenty of people running around with the OMM trousers on, which I decided was a pretty good advert for them, but I've seen a few reviews which say they've been recently improved (slimmer legs or something to prevent them flappping). Up and Running online have 20% off all the 2008 Kamleika kit (tops as well) but I don't know how much they've improved them so I don't know whether to go for the 20% off, or fork out the money for the latest model!!
    Anyone got any advice?

p.s. just running in shorts and getting wet isn't an option - if it's raining and it's cold/windy my knees seize up.
    Run to live, live to run

Re: OMM KAMLEIKA trousers

Top trousers, these.

Have a look at this earlier thread:

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7647

If you can get some money off, invest now.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

I've got a pair of the KIMM model and the material is awesome. I have only worn them for the long winter races though - OMM, HPM. But they are the only trousers I would ever try to run in.
    My imaginary friend thinks you have serious problems...

I have the 2008 pants. I've not been out in conditions bad enough to require them running, but I've found them great for cycling in. I can certainly imagine running in them, unlike the waterproof overtrousers I used to have for kit check/safety purposes.

£65 looks a bargain, and if you want the smock/jacket as well the deal on those looks great. Don't know what improvements have been made for this year's version, but can't see it being worth 25 quid Too bad they only seem to come in black

or 30% off all the 2008 Kamleika range here .... http://www.likeys.com/acatalog/info_833.html

The newer versions not yet in are supposed to feel a bit nicer next to the skin, but then they said the same thing last year and I've not heard anyone say that the 08 ones feel uncomfortable. The design for the 09 jackets is a bit 'snazzier' as you might expect, but in terms of function not quite sure how they could be much better- the tape on the seams is stretchy as well as the fabric where as the old tape on the seams wasn't - makes sense though in practise not sure if it will be noticable. I've got the Kamlaeika Vail - which doesn't have a hood so doesn't always meet the minimum kit requirements like the OMM for example - but I use it quite a bit for biking hence the no hood option. Mates have got the trousers and reckon that they perform well though the close cut at the legs does make one look like a 'sex pest' again I don't think this compromises their performance though.

Super Moderator

I'm fancying a KAMLEIKA SMOCK, anyone know what sizings like please? I'm a medium in majority of 'normal' clothes
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I'm fancying a KAMLEIKA SMOCK, anyone know what sizings like please? I'm a medium in majority of 'normal' clothes
    The Smock does come up quite small, but it's designed to be fairly tight fitting. I find the small fits me okay, and I'd usually pick small size for normal clothing. I think I was wearing it at last years Xmas on the Fells if that's any help DT.

Yeah I'm medium in everything and in the smock...
    My imaginary friend thinks you have serious problems...

Super Moderator

Cheers Moth & Steve! I've ordered medium smock from Likeys
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Mine's XL DT, so not sure what size you'll need