Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: innov8 HEELS

Re: innov8 HEELS

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    your beautifull legs and feet would slip into any shoe , there so dainty, no wonder you fly across the fells like an angel
    eh up daz!!! - think you're getting confused here with someone else - or were you on the booze early today????

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    eh up daz!!! - think you're getting confused here with someone else - or were you on the booze early today????
    nope def not

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    nope def not
    Well then!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Stones View Post
    Let us know if this actually works as i am having the same problem, but with 330's (only on the right heel) and am getting a bit P****D off with it as the shoes are well(ish) worn in and the problem is getting worse
    This is exactly the same as me. After Cader Idris this weekend my right heel was shreaded in my Mudclaw 270's. The left is fine. The last time I wore them was for Llangynhafel and during the last fast descent I sort of went over on that foot and the heel was sore afterwards but not blistered, more like a carpet burn. Previously I have only had a problem with the side of the heel not the bottom, this time it has obviously blistered and torn off a circular piece an inch and a half in diameter. I had taped both my heels and had seal skin socks but my feet were soaked after running through the boggy field and I guess the tape must have come off when my feet were wet and the major damage was done on the descent as I was pretty much crippled by the time I hit the road. I'm now thinking of chucking the innov8's for something else but I'm totally in love with the way they grip on pretty much everything. So the question is ...do I
    1) Steam the right heel?
    2) Get some better padded insole thingys?
    3) Wear two pairs of socks?
    4) Buy some Washes?
    5) Hop the whole way on my left foot?

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Mine fitted like a glove (if you know what I mean) after a bit of steaming. They then fell apart at the front after a couple of races. I've had a couple of pairs of Glads since & I've found the fit & build quality pretty good.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Graeme

I'm trying t break in a pair of 280's they hurt like hell yesterday, and that's after steaming. Might be going up for sale if they're no better next time i wear them.

Sore Heels?
    Bloody luxury!
    I suffer from two very pronounced 'Haglands deformitys'. It therefore takes me about 6 months to wear in every brand of fell shoe I have tried, by then the things are beginning to wear out. In the past In have binned my shoes after 12 months, this year, however I resoled my Mudclaw 330 'O' as the uppers were still in good nick. There is of course a hole through to the outer lining where my deformity protrudes! Unfortunatley they could not do the original sole so I had to make do with another one (I think it is the one from the 270 or it could be off the Mudroc - no idea.
    Wylie
    In endless fruitless pursuit of roadrunners...

Steaming works for me. 20 seconds over a steaming kettle is ample to soften the heel, then you'll get a better result from pushing the heel out with your thumbs when it's pliable, rather than by actually putting it on your foot.

I would not advise steaming for much more than 20 seconds in case it weakens any glue or materials of the shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    1) Steam the right heel?
    2) Get some better padded insole thingys?
    3) Wear two pairs of socks?
    4) Buy some Washes?
    5) Hop the whole way on my left foot?
    Buy some Walshes, though I wouldn't use them on Cadr anyway

Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Wylie Coyote View Post
    Unfortunatley they could not do the original sole so I had to make do with another one (I think it is the one from the 270 or it could be off the Mudroc - no idea.
    Wylie
    It'll be the sole off the mudroc, it's the only one they'll resole, or so they told me when I asked for a resole on a pair of flyrocs.