Thread: Shoes for girls!

Shoes for girls!

Hi, this is my first mailing ... just found the forum and it looks really good.

I apologise if this is a frequently asked question, but ...

With the OMM fast approaching, I've realised that my fell shoes are going to need replacing. I've been to Betws, Capel and Llanberis today, but to no avail. I've got reasonably broad feet and have been wearing Montrail Highlanders. However, the new ones seem to have a different last/build and sit too high on my heel and ankle to be comfortable. I'm resigned to having to order in 2 or 3 pairs by mail-order and then just keeping the ones that fit. I would be very grateful for any recommendations, especially in women's specific models, as they tend to fit me better. I'm thinking about some Inov8 Roclites, as they are one of the few shoes that Inov8 do in a female fit. I'm concerned however that the sole may not be aggressive enough for the Elan Valley conditions (- Inov8 site says they are suitable for mud and grass though).

Thank you in advance!

Re: Shoes for girls!

Can't speak for Roclites for girls, but the Roclites are pretty grippy. I'll be wearing Mudclaws for the OMM since I've got them, but I've run the Elan Valley hills in Roclite 315s in wet weather with no problems. It's rough ground rather than mud & short turf, and IMHO Roclites should be as good as anything. Thinking about it, I may wear mine rather than the Mudclaws.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Forgot to say - welcome to the forum!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

have you tried getting hold of 'old' montrails via the web?
    Some companies do good deals on 'last years' shoes- presumably some people are bothered about having the latest colour?
    Try Pete Bland, Ultrasport, Running Bear, Lakes Runner etc
    Walsh do one shoe which is a particularly broad fit- not sure which but I am sure someone could advise

Super Moderator

Think I saw the 'yellow and grey' Highlander on Pete Bland web other day for 50quid

Reckon Rocite 305 as wide as any of range but not woman specific

Master

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    have you tried getting hold of 'old' montrails via the web?
    Some companies do good deals on 'last years' shoes- presumably some people are bothered about having the latest colour?
    Try Pete Bland, Ultrasport, Running Bear, Lakes Runner etc
    Walsh do one shoe which is a particularly broad fit- not sure which but I am sure someone could advise
    ultra extreme
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Thanks for all the replies.

The shoes I'm looking at at the moment are the Inov-8 Roclite 282s which are a female fit. I'm not stuck on women's only shoes, but have found that they do tend to fit me better, certainly for boots and road running shoes.

Joe Brown are getting some in for me for next weekend in a couple of sizes, but they will get others if necessary. My husband has Mudrocs and swears by them, but they are only available in a unisex fit and I haven't found anywhere with them in stock today.

Anyone know of a good fell shoe shop in Manchester? I'm based there Monday to Friday!

Cheers.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Angusthewestie View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.

The shoes I'm looking at at the moment are the Inov-8 Roclite 282s which are a female fit. I'm not stuck on women's only shoes, but have found that they do tend to fit me better, certainly for boots and road running shoes.

Joe Brown are getting some in for me for next weekend in a couple of sizes, but they will get others if necessary. My husband has Mudrocs and swears by them, but they are only available in a unisex fit and I haven't found anywhere with them in stock today.

Anyone know of a good fell shoe shop in Manchester? I'm based there Monday to Friday!

Cheers.
    Yep Up and Running in Chadderton near Oldham.
    Or the Walsh Factory shopin Wigan (you can get them cheap there)
    Mountain feet in Oldham to a lesser extent
    Sweatshop in Hyde and the Arndale (more trail shoes)
    n
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

My wife does her fellrunning in mudroc290, swears by them (i should point out that my wife can pee through a dozen mattresses so if she says that they are comfortable, you can rest assured that they are!!)