Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have come to the conclusion

I have come to the conclusion

that girls should not do boys jobs

just had a guy come into our workshop and ask is engineer #1 around? I reply no he's away, oh no! Is engineer #2 around? I reply yes somewhere, but not sure where...
    oh no, he says, I'll have to try and find him because I have got a technical fault, and scrurried out the door

sorry but it really hacks me off - I AM A BLOODY ENGINEER, and have been for 6 years, yet for some reason because I am female and younger than him he cannot bring himself to treat me like the other engineers. I must admit I encounter this attitude very infrequently which is good, I suppose I can kind of understand really, I mean if some younger guy knew more about shopping and make up and baking then I would not like him!

Sorry rant over. Should girls do boys jobs? Should boys do girls jobs? I can see a few childminders and manicurists among you

Re: I have come to the conclus

Of course girls should do what is seen be some traditionally as 'boy jobs'. We all know on here that both sexes are equal in this world. No one sex is better than the other. I send a lot of my days encouraging girls to choose Resistant Materials and Product Design for thier GCSE as they have been told by other teacher and parents that the subject is for boys!!! Uttuer rubbish I tell them. In most cases the girls out perform the boys. I take students to lectures that encourage women to enter enginerring as a future occupation. The best lecture by far was by a lady who designs the Eurofighter. The kids were amazed by the role she carried out.

Equal rights for all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post

just had a guy come into our workshop and ask is engineer #1 around? I reply no he's away, oh no! Is engineer #2 around? I reply yes somewhere, but not sure where...
    oh no, he says, I'll have to try and find him because I have got a technical fault, and scrurried out the door

sorry but it really hacks me off - I AM A BLOODY ENGINEER, and have been for 6 years, yet for some reason because I am female and younger than him he cannot bring himself to treat me like the other engineers. I must admit I encounter this attitude very infrequently which is good, I suppose I can kind of understand really, I mean if some younger guy knew more about shopping and make up and baking then I would not like him!

Sorry rant over. Should girls do boys jobs? Should boys do girls jobs? I can see a few childminders and manicurists among you
    May be your Engineer #3 and because of his lack of brain cells 2 was tha maximium he could count to.

What sort of Bloody Engineer are you?

A good one in my day would have put him straight in his place in no uncertain terms.

Should boys do girls jobs? I can see a few childminders and manicurists among you
    Ahem - Childen's Nurse here and I imagine a few house husbands must be lurking....
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Ahem - Childen's Nurse here and I imagine a few house husbands must be lurking....
    Good that's what we like to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    May be your Engineer #3 and because of his lack of brain cells 2 was tha maximium he could count to.

What sort of Bloody Engineer are you?

A good one in my day would have put him straight in his place in no uncertain terms.

I am a bloody good one that;s what I am I found quietly fixing his fault and leaving him to stew had the effect I was after.

Well I'm looking at going into nursing, but then both my parents were nurses & it's becoming more of a male profession than a female one!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Wish I was a house husband - could take the kids out on their bikes all day to keep them entertained....
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

OHW, I can heartily recommend a book for you that will
    a: Illuminate the problem
    b: Show that there is salvation
    c: Prove beyond all doubt that girlies can survive, thrive and win in the most male of environments.

Check out 'Riding Rockets' by Mike Mullane.
    The problem is called Arrested Development.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Good that's what we like to hear

I am a bloody good one that;s what I am I found quietly fixing his fault and leaving him to stew had the effect I was after.
    Yeah, my collegue is female too and as a young 26 year old engineer shes not too bad at all especially now that shes finally realised that she doesnt actually know it all after all. She's had one or two very similar issues to the one you describe so your not alone. I think the only problem I've had with her was her tendancy to come across as a bit aggressive, as times gone by she's settled in (this is her second job) and she's relaxed a bit with people.
    You need to think of a suitably cutting response to such people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    You need to think of a suitably cutting response to such people.
    Steady Clodhopper or we might all get a cutting response at the Pike race.