Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought I'd seen it all!!

Thought I'd seen it all!!

Lets face it, we all know there are those on the road who are not as polite/courteous and as observant as others

yesterday morning however on my drive to the gym (oops - confession there erm - it's miles away HONEST!!), a white Ford Capri was in the outside lane of a carriageway wanting to move into my lane to take a left further up the road.

He was signalling to move in front of me so of course being the ever lovely lady driver I slowed down leaving a gap big enough for several buses for him to pull in. Did he pull in? NO, not for ages, I couldn't work out what he was doing or why. Then, it dawned on me, he couldn't see a bloody thing for the great big disco ball dangling from the roof of his car!!

I kid you not - a FULL size disco ball!!! surely that's not allowed, for one it was huge, two, it clearly obstructed his view and three what the hell happens when the sun shines? he's gonna blind all living folk within a half mile radius!!

Not only did he have this thing in the car the back shelf was kitted out with some sort of green turf

Discuss

Re: Thought I'd seen it all!!

Look, anyone who can still get a Capri to move deserves to be as eccentric as they want! Sounds like a VERY cool vehicle to me!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Alas wheeze it was a complete rust bucket and quite clearly not cared for Had it been a shining example then yes I MAY have been more lenient in my conclusion he was a pillock!!

wow i want a disco in my car

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Then, it dawned on me, he couldn't see a bloody thing for the great big disco ball dangling from the roof of his car!!
    Are you allowed to have things dangling from the roof of a car? I thought mobiles were banned!

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    Hope you have a decent sound system!!! And a big car. I will dance in it for you though!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Look, anyone who can still get a Capri to move deserves to be as eccentric as they want! Sounds like a VERY cool vehicle to me!
    There's a Capri Owners Club by me!!! Me and my friends little boy were asked to award 'Capri of the Month' once!

This morning I was tootling down the A38 to work in the outside lane, when a white van, in the inside lane decided to do a U Turn across the break in the dual carriageway..... Needless to say, the X5 in front of me, and myself both virtually parked our cars nose first into the tarmac! No idea whether the bloke was blind, drunk, stupid, or a combination of all three!

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    I thought you were a bloody sound engineer? A good one you said earlier?? Well if you can't fit a disco into a car, what chance have the rest of us...

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post

This morning I was tootling down the A38 to work in the outside lane, when a white van, in the inside lane decided to do a U Turn across the break in the dual carriageway..... Needless to say, the X5 in front of me, and myself both virtually parked our cars nose first into the tarmac! No idea whether the bloke was blind, drunk, stupid, or a combination of all three!
    does that mean you have had an accident dom?

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    does that mean you have had an accident dom?
    No, but I think most of my front tyres were left behind. Honest I wasn't speeding guv'!!!

I'm so distraught I need to go to the pub to calm my nerves....