Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: London Marathon

Re: London Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    Roadrunner, do you think you'll get the same level of support on the mean streets of London from forumites as you got a few years back ?

I do hope so. Made for a rather interesting 7 mile marker!!!

Good luck to anybody doing the FLM. I'm intending having my 3rd crack at the Snowdon marathon later this year if all goes to plan. The course record is held by Erno and has stood for about a hundred years.

I'm sure that this race has got Roadrunner's name written all over it with his blend of road and fell-running ability. I think he is the man to set a new record for this course. What do people think?
    Everybody's heart doesn't beat the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
    Good luck to anybody doing the FLM. I'm intending having my 3rd crack at the Snowdon marathon later this year if all goes to plan. The course record is held by Erno and has stood for about a hundred years.

I'm sure that this race has got Roadrunner's name written all over it with his blend of road and fell-running ability. I think he is the man to set a new record for this course. What do people think?
    Yes AP im sure your right i would think RR could do it but hes got his mind on other races i think
    Track rules

Good Luck to all !!!! Enjoy the day !!

Yes i'm doing it, think i may have mentioned it already.
    Will be my third FLM and fourth mara'. Training has gone well, I love London, love the marathon and can't bloody wait.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

I have a place. I'm still struggling after my stress fracture, if I do it it will be on the back of virtually no running but lots of gym work Won't be the race I was hoping for but hey I'm determined not to miss out on the party afterwards - lots of fellow club mates going down for it
    I only run so I can eat cake Oh...and drink cider

I'm intending doing it, trained for it all winter and have been running well! Been laid low by the flu for the last week but hopefully it will clear my system and I will be firing on all cylinders come the marathon! I have tended to peak pretty well for it but we shall see its an unpredictable event!

I'm doing it for the first time but not my first marathon.

Really getting quite excited about it as it gets closer. Ran a really strong 20 mile race yesterday in very windy conditions but still managed to run 3 minutes better than I'd hoped for - a real confidence boost.

Now I've got 3 weeks of tapering/abstinence to look forward to before the big day.

I'm not sure I'll ever do it again as the whole 'minutes per mile' thing can get a bit tedious/obsessive after a while so I need a really good performance on the day and, hopefully a time I can be proud of.

Hope everyone else achieves what they are looking for out of the race.

MH

I'll do it next year if injury-free and sufficiently fit.
    This is what I've been saying for the last 3 years

Anyone out there travelling down to London from the NW on Sat, returning Sun and willing/kind enough to give me a lift???!!!
    My mate has just dropped out due to injury ,the train is gonna take 6 hrs due to Grayrigg crash, my husband hates cities and won't come and I cant face the drive alone. I live in Windermere but would happily drive as far as Preston to meet up with others going down. I'm booked into a youth hostel overnight.
    Anyone willing to share petrol and anorak type convo about how much we hate road running, why are we doing it etc. Please reply.
    Otherwise it's Paddy's pole-great name
    Cheers