Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep deprivation

Sleep deprivation

Have just spent the entire night not being able to sleep. I tried hot milk, sleep cd, reading, sudoko. Nothing worked.

How the heck am I going to get through the day?

Re: Sleep deprivation

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post

Sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Sleeping?
    If only!

I have a design team meeting and Client update meeting - it's going to be a tough call

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Delegate!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Master and MR

Have just spent the entire night not being able to sleep. I tried hot milk, sleep cd, reading, sudoko. Nothing worked.

Stef if its a regular thing then you just muddle through
    But if its a one off then you will struggle through the day. Im currently back to about 4 1/2 hours a night but non sleep has been part of my life since I was young.
    I sat on the back garden at 2.15am this morning with my dog throwing him his ball .
    Its a common problem and I did manage to get back to about seven hours a night with various help.

I hope your day goes okay
    Sometimes more often than not its something thats triggered it.

Stef I fully empathise and also envy anyone that indeed gets a full nights sleep...can't remember the last time I had one of those although got to watch an interesting documentary at silly o'clock this morning!

If you're not used to unbroken sleep you'll be a tad weary but then in all fairness I don't think it is something you ever get used to it is something you in turn endure

Welcome to my world!

You will muddle through and hopefully make up for it tonight with a good sleep! Try a nice hot bath with some lavender drops as well as a milky drink like Ovaltine! Yum! Also easier said than done...try not to think/worry about getting to sleep!
    Before getting pregnant I worked 12 hour nightshifts and didn't sleep particularly well during the day....because of this I thought I'd cope well with the sleep deprivation a baby causes.....NO CHANCE....I didn't sleep while pregnant and I can say I have not had a full nights sleep since December!!!
    Yawn...yawn! x
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Welcome to my world!

You will muddle through and hopefully make up for it tonight with a good sleep! Try a nice hot bath with some lavender drops as well as a milky drink like Ovaltine! Yum! Also easier said than done...try not to think/worry about getting to sleep!
    Before getting pregnant I worked 12 hour nightshifts and didn't sleep particularly well during the day....because of this I thought I'd cope well with the sleep deprivation a baby causes.....NO CHANCE....I didn't sleep while pregnant and I can say I have not had a full nights sleep since December!!!
    Yawn...yawn! x
    Cant be easy MG
    For all my years of non sleeping I well remember when my son was born how hard it was.
    In fact it was easy for me to go to work and put in a 12hr shift.
    Im not an expert by no means on how hard it must be to have no sleep and be the one who has to cope all the time with a new born baby.
    I dont think a lot of men appreciate the situation
    The challenge for a woman after giving birth I think is so massive it would scare me.
    I hope your doing well MG. Your undertaking one of the biggest things life can throw at you and to do it with minimum sleep is even harder.
    Good luck I have nothing but respect and admiration x

Master and MR

I find the most annoying thing is that at 3.00am you cant bloody do owt because your worried about waking everyone else up..
    A lot of people look stunned when I tell them I never went to sleep on thursday nights for years.
    I worked out that if I skipped thursday, then had a late night friday that by sat night i could get a reasonable 6 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Welcome to my world!

Yawn...yawn! x
    Can I just add though that it is harder to cope with sleep deprivation when you CAN sleep IMO. By this I mean you are being woken up by another, you are not waking yourself up.

Sorry MG but my first didn't sleep through until he was 2 and by then I'd had Laurence who to this day is on meds to make hime sleep. It will end though, I promise!

The problem Stef (and others) have is that there is no external influence waking her up. You want to get back to sleep but just can't. I've never slept well and even with all the kids sound asleep still wake up every single night, it drives me nuts!! As daz says though, there is usually a reasoin for it and is this case Stef is there something subconsciously bothering you?