Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep deprivation

Re: Sleep deprivation

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    I find the most annoying thing is that at 3.00am you cant bloody do owt because your worried about waking everyone else up..
    A lot of people look stunned when I tell them I never went to sleep on thursday nights for years.
    I worked out that if I skipped thursday, then had a late night friday that by sat night i could get a reasonable 6 hrs.

Exactly....even the slightest noise is SO loud at that time, I creep down and watch the tele on mute...the years at college learning sign language paid off though as I can tell what they are on about if there is an interpretor!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Can I just add though that it is harder to cope with sleep deprivation when you CAN sleep IMO. By this I mean you are being woken up by another, you are not waking yourself up.

Sorry MG but my first didn't sleep through until he was 2 and by then I'd had Laurence who to this day is on meds to make hime sleep. It will end though, I promise!

The problem Stef (and others) have is that there is no external influence waking her up. You want to get back to sleep but just can't. I've never slept well and even with all the kids sound asleep still wake up every single night, it drives me nuts!! As daz says though, there is usually a reasoin for it and is this case Stef is there something subconsciously bothering you?
    Yep, I know what you mean.....my little darling is sleeping through now most nights....but I go to bed and just can't get to sleep and wake through the night and struggle to get back off again! And I am always awake before her in the morning too. It's so annoying isn't it! I think I must have looked 10 years younger a year ago!
    I wish I could go into hibernation and sleep for a whole month uninterrupted! Now isn't that a wonderful thought!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Yep, I know what you mean.....my little darling is sleeping through now most nights....but I go to bed and just can't get to sleep and wake through the night and struggle to get back off again! And I am always awake before her in the morning too. It's so annoying isn't it! I think I must have looked 10 years younger a year ago!
    I wish I could go into hibernation and sleep for a whole month uninterrupted! Now isn't that a wonderful thought!
    I'd just kill for 1 full night ... almost had 1 not so long ago I'm sure of it!!

Cant be easy MG
    For all my years of non sleeping I well remember when my son was born how hard it was.
    In fact it was easy for me to go to work and put in a 12hr shift.
    Im not an expert by no means on how hard it must be to have no sleep and be the one who has to cope all the time with a new born baby.
    I dont think a lot of men appreciate the situation
    The challenge for a woman after giving birth I think is so massive it would scare me.
    I hope your doing well MG. Your undertaking one of the biggest things life can throw at you and to do it with minimum sleep is even harder.
    Good luck I have nothing but respect and admiration x
    Thanks Daz x
    The hard thing for me at the moment is trying to get fit again as well...forcing myself to run when I'm worn out is probably not the best thing...and it feels even harder now.
    My hubby gets my goat sometimes when he wakes up in the morning and says...'wow, didn't we have a great nights sleep, hasn't she done well sleeping through'....and I'm like....GGRRRRRRR...no darling I've done 3 night feeds and had 3 hours sleep!!!!!'
    Stef....hopefully it is just a one off for you....and you'll be in dreamland tonight x
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Stef - set the alarm on your mobile phone, go to the loo and have a 10 minute power nap. You will feel 100 times better, it does work.

Cant be easy MG
    For all my years of non sleeping I well remember when my son was born how hard it was.
    In fact it was easy for me to go to work and put in a 12hr shift.
    Im not an expert by no means on how hard it must be to have no sleep and be the one who has to cope all the time with a new born baby.
    I dont think a lot of men appreciate the situation
    The challenge for a woman after giving birth I think is so massive it would scare me.
    I hope your doing well MG. Your undertaking one of the biggest things life can throw at you and to do it with minimum sleep is even harder.
    Good luck I have nothing but respect and admiration x
    As a new dad myself, I echo the sentiment in this post. Full respect to mothers - as Daz said, it's much easier doing a long shift at work!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    As a new dad myself, I echo the sentiment in this post. Full respect to mothers - as Daz said, it's much easier doing a long shift at work!
    Congratulations on your new arrival! x

must be a fell runner's thing, i have the same problems and even though i was exhausted yesterday, i was still up at 3am having a cup of tea then 5.45 running. Can not even remember the last time i had a full nights sleep.
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Thanks Daz x
    The hard thing for me at the moment is trying to get fit again as well...forcing myself to run when I'm worn out is probably not the best thing...and it feels even harder now.
    My hubby gets my goat sometimes when he wakes up in the morning and says...'wow, didn't we have a great nights sleep, hasn't she done well sleeping through'....and I'm like....GGRRRRRRR...no darling I've done 3 night feeds and had 3 hours sleep!!!!!'
    Stef....hopefully it is just a one off for you....and you'll be in dreamland tonight x
    MG you will become fit again im sure of it. You cant rush it even though it must be very frustrating.It is a massive shift in your life. I think lots of men just do not realise what a woman goes thro during pregnancy and after the baby is born. I suppose Emma could give you good advice as she will have been thro it.
    Remember the feeds well and I used to actively do most of the night feeds simply I suppose because I was awake if you like.
    You must be exhausted.
    One thing I used to do was take days off work and just take Josh out all day to give my wife some ME time.
    I personally think thats what a woman misses , I may be wrong but ive talked to Mums and sometimes they say that if they could just get a few hours a week to sit, relax, take it all in, stop the merrygo round and chill for a little while it would be so much easier.

MG, If your running a little bit thats brilliant. A big positive. I have so much respect for Mums that fit time in for it all. From my point of view MG your achieving all you can and then some.
    Dont be too hard on yourself
    Keep us informed
    Lots on here care

Remember the feeds well and I used to actively do most of the night feeds simply I suppose because I was awake if you like.

You had lactating breasts???