Fork Fox32 Factory
    Gear: SRAM Eagle X01
    Crank: SRAM GX Eagle
    Brakes: Shimano XT
    Wheels: WTB KOM Light I25, 29"
    Cassette: SRAM GX Eagle

bought it online, via Buycycle

Can you guess the price ?????
    I think I got a good deal. Nobody wants to buy a bicycle in November, so right now it's a buyer's market, it will change in spring....

As the Bianchi Methanol CV S 9.1 – GX Eagle 2022 was £1703 two weeks ago,

https://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/show...s-should-I-buy

and your bike is a year older and you've said you got a good deal, I'm guessing £1050.

As a plus, you're now a fully paid up member of the Bianchi club, (I'm not, I should add), and can talk to Graham about having a bike from the oldest manufacturer in the world

It turned out I never really bought the bike I thought I did. Here what happened, I think the term is I was "gazumped".

The great Bianchi I was looking at, in the course of weeks while listed it didn't sell and the asking dropped from 2100 to 1500eur.
    I "offered" the 1500eur full asking price. And I give my PayPal details for payment to the portal. The portal promptly remove the bike from their list, I got an automatic email from them saying "we now inform the vendor, he now has 24hr to accept". Of course I expected e was going to accept, after all I offered what was then the full asking price.
    Fact is, he didn't reply.

I communicated with them, they say "we spoke with him, he regret he wasn't fast enough to reply, he will list it again and he will accept the 1500eur price of yesterday". Well, fact is he relisted at 1700eur, so a higher price. I didn't buy. Someone else did.
    All in all I feel bitter. I think this behavior on eBay would not be tolerated, buyers are allowed to change their mind but vendors are not (not saying this is right or wrong, just stating a fact).

At the end of the day I ended up buying a different bicycle. Better one. Also costed more.

Opinion?
    Thanks,

Alberto

Screenshot_20231110-153108.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110-153219.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110-153116.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110-153131.jpg
    Here the bike (not sure the attachment works)

Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL 2019 - SRAM X01
    It seems excellent condition. Strava mileage <6000km
    New price 5700eur, I paid the bike 1870eur (plus postage and postage insurance, total 2044eur)

... apologies I'm messing up with the pictures...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lovely colour. I struggle to get my head around one, small, chainring but I appreciate it's the current fashion. But aren't those aero rims, on a mountain bike?

I'm sorry to hear about being gazumped on the previous bike. It happened a bit here in the '80s housing market, but I've never heard it in the world of buying second hand bikes. The second hand market for bikes here is currently very flat, and the market for new bikes even flatter. Moore Large, the largest UK cycle industry distributor, went into liquidation in March, and a couple of weeks ago Chain Reaction Cycles/Wiggle filed for voluntary administration. Even the greatest name of all, and choice for discerning and well-heeled cyclists worldwide, Bianchi, has laid off staff.

Hope your bike lives up to your expectations