Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Bronte Way

Looking to do this race this coming weekend. Am I right that the transport mentioned is needed as the race start is at one end of the Bronte way and you run back to where the transport picked you up? And what's the latest sensible time you can turn up, get registered, and still catch the transport?
    Surely this is the last hill, right...

If I remember righly, you turn up for the transport and then register at the Laneshaw bridge end. Good race, favours those with a turn of road speed, was hoping to get to it an better my 10th from last year but I'm away

Where do the bus(es) actually leave from on Rawdon Rd - outside the school? Just thinking where to (try and) park.
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Good race this morning - really enjoyed it. Thanks to Brett and the K&C team!

Results up very speedily as well!

The beer at the finish line went down very nicely it has to be said - the sprint finish up the cobbles hurt a bit, but I wasn't going to lose a place 100m from the finish!

As usual great photos from D&E - many thanks! (I may steal the ones of me - with appropriate photo credit!)
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Great Whernside & Bronte Way fell race video on http://www.youtube.com/user/ChannelRun

Super Moderator
    Thinking about making a return to racing at this event
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I love the bygone feel that this race has. Straight away on entering the delightful hamlet of Wycoller a feel good factor washes over me. This continues at registration in the old barn, yes it feels cold and damp but it's full of charm, something that's sadly lacking in most buildings these days. And at the finish we are treated to the cobble stones of Haworth and its array of unusual shops ( which my wife enjoys after her taxi duties, thanks love ).
    The race itself runs between the two villages and can be split into three parts.... Fast flattish start...great undulating fell section...fast runnable finish, if your legs allow it.

It very nearly didn't happen for me today. I went 'arse over tit' on the slippy flags outside the barn toilets before I'd even registered. A quick dusting down and a run around the picnic field just to make sure I was still in working order. Thankfully only my pride dented and a squashed banana.

Many thanks to Brett, K&C and all helpers.

And???

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Thinking about making a return to racing at this event

Nice to see you again Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    I love the bygone feel that this race has. Straight away on entering the delightful hamlet of Wycoller a feel good factor washes over me. This continues at registration in the old barn, yes it feels cold and damp but it's full of charm, something that's sadly lacking in most buildings these days. And at the finish we are treated to the cobble stones of Haworth and its array of unusual shops ( which my wife enjoys after her taxi duties, thanks love ).
    The race itself runs between the two villages and can be split into three parts.... Fast flattish start...great undulating fell section...fast runnable finish, if your legs allow it.

It very nearly didn't happen for me today. I went 'arse over tit' on the slippy flags outside the barn toilets before I'd even registered. A quick dusting down and a run around the picnic field just to make sure I was still in working order. Thankfully only my pride dented and a squashed banana.

Many thanks to Brett, K&C and all helpers.

I didnt have the best of starts to the day, the clocks changing threw me a bit so forgot my watch & some of my kit so was cold and pee'd off before the start.

It was only my 2nd "Fell" race (1st was Crow Hill Reverse) , didnt have a clue where i was going, how long i had been running, how long was left but fortunately it was flagged and enough people near me and i loved it. There were a couple of K&C runners in front of me and i stuck with them for the most part, I will definately be back but hopefully next time i will be better organised.