Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Montrail the new garlic bread!

Montrail the new garlic bread!

Am i turning into a bit of a geek posting on the above shoe------ yes but had to mention these!
    I have had two Achilles's operations one on each foot, the first in 2002, following, this Blisters on that foot were always a problem, but i put up with them, after quite a few different types i found the New Balance to be the best if best with blisters can be said!
    Since my operation on the other foot blisters have been a real problem on both feet, i had 4 different types of shoe New Balance, Walsh, Inov8, Mud Claw, all of the above tore my heals to bits!!
    I had even changed to training in Solomon xt good but no bloody grip.
    i now have light at the end of the tunnel
    on Sat i bought a pair of Highlander OMG, wearing just socks and 3 hours later no blisters at all not even a hot spot. then again on Sunday 3 different types of climb grass slope steep grass and rock slope and steps up Pendle.
    These for me are so good i am going to divorce my wife and marry these shoes!
    I had forgot what it was like to stop running with out the need for compeed!
    Going to try again....

Thumbs up Montrail the new garlic bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Am i turning into a bit of a geek posting on the above shoe------ yes but had to mention these!
    On Sat I bought a pair of Highlanders, OMG, wearing just socks and 3 hours later no blisters at all not even a hot spot. Then again on Sunday 3 different types of climb, grass slope, steep grass, rock slope & steps up Pendle.
    These for me are so good I am going to divorce my wife and marry these shoes!
    I forgot what it was like to stop running without the need for compeed!
    I love my Highlanders.
    Too much cushioning but plenty grip & really good for longer mixed terrain runs.

Regards,

Max.
    "Do as little as needed not as much as possible" - Henk Kraayenhof.

Never be afraid to take a profit.

Re: Montrail the new garlic br

Yep, this is the Montrail Highlander appreciation society. I love mine too But they did bite back this weekend by giving me a blister (think I may have got a bit of grit in my sock - that'll teach me not to wear namby pamby trainer socks). They do fit snug into my achillies, which took some getting used to/wearing in.

Ive been thinking of getting some of these for next week Steve.....do you think they'd suit a slighter fellow such as myself?

Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    Ive been thinking of getting some of these for next week Steve.....do you think they'd suit a slighter fellow such as myself?
    You should run it in flip flops! your to good for montrails you would complete the BGR naked with a blindfold on.
    Might be a bit to close to change footwear??
    Going to try again....

Couldn't agree more on the Montrail front... fantastic shoe. I've got a pair of Mudclaws too, and they seem a bit grippier, but run far in 'em and I get blisters on my heels.

It'll be the Highlanders for next weekend's BG-fest, but some that Mr. C. had resoled for me.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

I shall give the Montrails a try based on the recommendations of you fine fellows.
    Generally going nowhere fast.

I like these shoes - comfortable, with good cushioning on long runs, and reasonable grip. If they do have a blind spot it is descents on wet grass, when they give the same sort of grip normally associated with skis or roller skates. They do get heavy when wet due to all the padding around the ankle!
    There can be only one

Graeme

I quite like mine, but I find they chafe my achilles something chronic, probably more to do with the fact I can't tighten the shoe properly because of a high instep on my right foot, and as such find I can't contour particulalry well in them.

Thinking of ordering a pair of these online from Ultimate Outdoors cos they're only £39.

Question is: How accurate are the sizes? I'm a size 7 and have never had a problem with any running shoe in a size 7 (except my Walshes, which are 7-and-a-half but still seem a tad small).

Just wondered what other users had found. Cheers.

Steve.