Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trousers for Skyline etc

Trousers for Skyline etc

Looking at buying some lighter overtrousers, as my Lowe ones are too heavy and bulky in the bumbag.

Was interested in the Inov8 mistlites, but can't find if they are considered "waterproof" for use in bigger races like the Edale Skyline. Anyone shed any light on this?

Re: Trousers for Skyline etc

Not sure of the 'official' line on this but I have some lightweight North Face pertex overtrousers which have passed the kit check on this and other races. The Skyline has one of the more rigerous kit checks (rightly so) and insists on a fully water proof jacket with taped seams.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Looking at buying some lighter overtrousers, as my Lowe ones are too heavy and bulky in the bumbag.

Was interested in the Inov8 mistlites, but can't find if they are considered "waterproof" for use in bigger races like the Edale Skyline. Anyone shed any light on this?
    I have a pair of £5 cheapos from poundstretcher/aldi, taped seams they are only slightly heavier than my pertex ones. Given the amount of time I've worn them then this is plenty. I've taken them on many races but can only remember using them on the HPM 2 years ago. I have worn them on bg though.
    Best save your money and get a better jacket/hat/gloves which you'll wear much more.

That's the question I was asked last time I went to buy a pair of waterproof trousers - "Do you want them for carrying, or do you want them for wearing?" probably a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyman View Post
    That's the question I was asked last time I went to buy a pair of waterproof trousers - "Do you want them for carrying, or do you want them for wearing?" probably a good place to start.
    yes I'd sort of agree with that but remember you DO need to be able to wear them

I own a pair of Inov8 Mistlite trousers and always have them in my bumbag and rucksac when cycling to work - I wore them over my jeans in a recent monsoon when on my bike and they kept out a lot of rain, but didn't keep me totally dry. They're pretty unpleasant to wear running due to perspiration, but I guess that's the norm
    Hills - good for the soul...
    http://honestsstories.blogspot.co.uk

i carry innov8 mistlite as waterproof for races (i'm pretty sure they meet the criteria, i hope so or i've been inadvertently cheating)

also worn them in anger in wind and rain and do the job

cos they're light weight they're not supper rugged, and not really suitable for walking rather than running (wouldn't go on over a boot for example)

Cheers for the advice. Not really too worried about the money side of it, as they're only just over £20 and I'm about to have a big Ebay selling bonanza anyway....

FarFromTheFells, how are they on the bike? That would be my other use for them - got a set of nice Lowe Alpine walking trousers which go on over boots, so don't need to worry about that side of things for big walks rather than runs.

Never mind trousers. What phone are you going to use?

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Never mind trousers. What phone are you going to use?

trusty JCB phone for me, it came free with my yearly subscription to Fur and Feather magazine