Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Endurance Goals

Re: Endurance Goals

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    but I suppose the BGR it has now reared its head on the horizon as something I could do

just seems a bit ... soon
    I started fell running in October 1984 and did a BG in July 1985. I was 21.

Ignore everyone else's goings on, and think about whether you want to do it and when.

Having 15 years fell running behind you isn't essential. Me and others show that.

Would have hated to be faced with squeezing a BG in and amongst racing, family, kids and work in my 30s/40s/50s. I have great respect for those who do manage this.

Do what suits you ZHR.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

point taken BGSec, food for thought ....

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Cheers Simon, fancy an Ironman after BG and if i'm really dreaming, a trans ocean row a la SS
    Man after my own heart... except maybe the rowing.

Ironman beckons, but it worries me that a lot of the courses maybe flat and dull. I don't a lot of that for fact, but compared to Helvellyn or Coniston, surely they'd struggle to include the wow factor... and it's the wow factor that keeps me sane in longer events. I have to say that at my pace events for for me tend to be longer than most!

Have a look at this for something different post BG:

www.nxtri.com

Gerry sent it me in jest after I'd done my first Helvellyn... but it got me thinking

There's also talk on the TriTalk forum of an IM distance variant on A Day In The Lakes. Now that does look a goer... plenty of WOW potential there... but I'd need my headtorch for that.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Norseman WOW!!!!!
    Hills and Guinness!

There used to be a triathlon based from Loweswater Village Hall - Run down to Loweswater, swim across and back, run back up to the hall, on the bike over Whinlatter to Borrowdale, up Scafell via Sty Head and Corridor Route, back via Esk Hause, back on the bike over Honister and back to Loweswater. I did it once before I was properly in to fell running and turned up on a five speed 'racing' bike with mudguards and a rack, an 8mm wetsuit and lightweight fell boots. Needless to say I was last, by quite a long way, but I got round and have remained eternally grateful to the organisers for not buggering off before I got back. Its a shame but not many triathlons seem to get in to the spirit of fell running for the run leg - I suppose its because a lot of the competitors are not used to the fell environment (eg Helvellyn being shortened in bad weather and very significantly shortened and simplified from the run route on the original version of this event), but even in its new form I used to think it was probably roughly equivialnt to a half ironman? maybe the distances were slightly less but I felt the terrain on the bike and run made up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    oh, and Yiannis's Meirionnydd Round
    Not just me then (May 2010...)

Dark Peak 15 Trigs
    That too! (pre May 2010...)

Joss Naylor Challenge, 2010 or 2011
    Gone peakbagging