Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Leg It Round Lathkil

Some good detective work there Will. If you do some digging on Strava / Suunto Movescount you can see the routes we all took, myself and Rob decided to add a little on, think we clocked 7.93 miles after turning back once we'd realised we'd gone wrong. If you care enough then all the routes in question can be found on Strava / Movescount. Some longer some shorter. I am a little surprised about the results and a few decisions that were made.
    How come you weren't running?
    Hope you're well

I was the 1st over the line who ran the correct course (I do know it well),but 3rd to actually finish.I agreed to let the 1st 2 to finish to remain in the results and get their prizes. Their times appear to have since been adjusted (to some extent?).

Quote Originally Posted by stevee9 View Post
    Some good detective work there Will. If you do some digging on Strava / Suunto Movescount you can see the routes we all took, myself and Rob decided to add a little on, think we clocked 7.93 miles after turning back once we'd realised we'd gone wrong. If you care enough then all the routes in question can be found on Strava / Movescount. Some longer some shorter. I am a little surprised about the results and a few decisions that were made.
    How come you weren't running?
    Hope you're well
    I'm well thanks, I have a dining room to refurb in time for Xmas.

An email I got from the RO. His race, his decision. Not the FRA relays.

The results are not ready for posting as yet. Apologies for the controversy over the results. Please see my response below to a fellow competitor who was unhappy about the decision I made which I hope explains the situation:
    Dear ???? I am glad you enjoyed the race, but also sorry that you are disappointed by the decision I made with regard to Stuart Bond and Tom Saville. It was not clear how many people had gone off route (accepting that this was a consequence of the leader making the mistake) so it was not easy to determine who should be disqualified. All I knew was that the much quicker times achieved by Stuart and Tom confirmed that those two as a minimum had taken a shorter route. I had to make a quick decision and took advice from colleagues, including a DPFR race organiser [who very helpfully had stepped up to help us on the day] and it was suggested that if the third runner was happy for the positions to stand, because he would not have beaten either of them in normal circumstances, then that is what we should do. I spoke to Gareth Briggs, our third finisher, and he acknowledged that he was racing for first Vet and would not have expected to be near to beating Stuart or Tom (recognising that Stuart is the course record holder and Tom as our winner last year were likely to be competing for the first and second places. I accept that this will not suit everybody and yes you could argue that the two runners could have stepped forward and helped make the decision for me, but I was too busy in the finish tent to give the matter any further attention. The results will therefore stand but the times will not in terms of course records. I will be making an adjustment to their published finish times to reflect the fact that the course record was not broken. Regards, Alan
    For the purpose of the the club results (and I understand points may relate the winning time) the adjusted first and second times for Stuart and Tom are SB - 44'30'' and TS as 45'05''. This reflects a slower time for Stuart than his record (by 30+ seconds) and for Tom, a slighter faster time than his winning time last year (as I suspect he is an improving athlete). Hope this makes sense, but Athletics Weekly needed times and it was my way of avoiding 'publishing' what is not a new record time (and I will be applying the same to the official results that go out). Would it be possible for you to share this with your DPFR colleagues? Regards, Alan
    Never under estimate the power of the darkside of the fells.

I'm still quite happy with my second lady result! I think I might have robbed Caitlin of a place there...

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results//race14/legit.pdf

Well done to all runners, helpers, organisers and cheerer-on-ers. You all looked like you were having so much fun. The race donates to Children in need so if you like a photo feel free to download it and if you wish make a donation to Children in need over the next week or so.
    https://goo.gl/photos/wfATSrXuCjksyhrPA
    https://goo.gl/photos/4XgTXGaL3ZFjt6KN6
    https://goo.gl/photos/qep45CTDMXZSRx9HA
    https://goo.gl/photos/fJnA4vRYHXgaeSBk7

Great photos, great race and great day - it did me a power of good.

For those planning to join us for the 2017 Leg It Round Lathkil this coming Sunday (12th November), and why would you not be, following a request from Natural England, I would like to ask that all runners compete in the race in clean footwear as a means of protection for bio security. The hope is that the large majority of the runners will arrive having cleaned their 'studs' in advance. However, there will also be a hose facility for cleaning on the day! Hopefully this will not be an issue for anyone thinking of doing the Leg It and is only a small price to pay for the pleasure of running in one of Derbyshire's beautiful National Nature Reserves.
    Many thanks,
    Al (Race Organiser)
    PS - It would help if any club officials/members out there could pass the message on to their colleagues, how ever best you are able. Cheers

Is the farm yard still full of cow sh!t?! And if so will there be hoses after it?

10 years ago this was my first race, not managed to make it back since but planning on being there this time

I usually wash my shoes in the nearest stream after each race then dry them out as best I can in the garage before their next outing.
    Would my shoes be classes as 'clean' or would I still need to use the hosepipe on offer to rinse away the dirty water from the last stream I washed them in?
    See the light in the night