Thread: Terra Nover Laser 35 sack

Terra Nover Laser 35 sack

I need a lightweight 'runnable' sack.

Anyone got any experience of the Terra Nova Laser 35 Lt sack?

Found one going cheap (Field and Trek), but it doesn't seem to have a place for a bladder as its got a vertical zip closure.

Alternatives are an OMM 32 or the Inov-8 30 (but that means buying an Inov-8 bladder). Choices, choices

Re: Terra Nover Laser 35 sack

35L is quite big. We only use the smaller OMM one for MMs and we put the bladder ( cheap one) in the side netting

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    35L is quite big. We only use the smaller OMM one for MMs and we put the bladder ( cheap one) in the side netting
    Thanks for the reply Karen. You're right, 35Lt is quite large but I intend to use the sack for all- year-round, 2-nighters, which means more food (I'm very greedy!) and gas during the winter. And as I'm sometimes Mossie-no-friends I can always rely on splitting he load.

We’ve got both the inov8 and omm sacks in our 'ouse. out of the two I’d probably go with omm. a more versatile sack with a few extra features like:

the mat in the back, lay that over your balloon bed for a good nights sleep.
    more external storage areas for stuffing stuff.
    can use any kid of bladder in it.(not the inov8 one though I suppose!)
    more compressible , I use the omm in winter when i'm out on my own for a big run, never fill it but it does compress down well.
    suits my longer back when compressed.

for MM's the inov8 is great, seems to pack better and when full is more comfortable than the omm, access the bladder for refills is easy as it's external, we just use a platypus 1 litre in there. but when not full the compression isn't ace and seems to shorten the back length.

I've seen the terra nova one, its big selling point is obviously the weight, but as always less weight = more money.

I'd try them on in a shop and take some bulky weight stuff to see how they feel, the comfort in the end is the most important thing.

Cheers

AW

Thanks Alfred for the feedback. I was in Needle Sports, Keswish, today and tried on all 3 packs. One big problem of the Terra Nova is that it has a long zip closure running down the centre, whereas the OMM has a standard top filling style and draw cord. I'm a bit hestiant about that zip. If it jams, or worst still bursts, then you've got big problems in the field. Also, the Omm has the advantage of the lid and numerous stash pockets. So it looks like I'll go for the Omm.