Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for junior walshes

Looking for junior walshes

I was wondering if anyone had some second hand Walshes (or other fell running shoes) for sale size 1 or 2.

Re: Looking for junior walshes

Hi & welcome to the forum

we bought our kid's walshes from lakes runner in Kendal, and they were only about £40.
    But if you do opt for a second hand pair expect them to have had a lot of hammer, as my lad thinks nothing about wearing them as football boots to play out in.
    you have to ask yourself isn't it best to buy new - and the price of them, I know I would

Cheers

Tomsdad

Its always worth a look on e-Bay for junior Walshes

Thumbs up Re: Looking for junior walshes

Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad View Post
    Hi & welcome to the forum

we bought our kid's walshes from lakes runner in Kendal, and they were only about £40.
    But if you do opt for a second hand pair expect them to have had a lot of hammer, as my lad thinks nothing about wearing them as football boots to play out in.
    you have to ask yourself isn't it best to buy new - and the price of them, I know I would

Cheers

Tomsdad
    Ask around at Fell Races which have kids events. The Woodentops events are excellent for this. I got a pair for my daughter from a thoroughly decent chap. My daughter has worn them, my niece has had the use of them and when my daughter has grown out of them (which wont be long) I will pass them on.

Thank you for all your replies.

I think I will take the advice from tomsdad and buy some as I have looked on ebay and there didn't seem to be any. I need them for next week!

I will keep looking as currently my son seems to be growing very quickly.

Thanks again

You could try going to one of the larger orienteering events - there's usually
    a Junior Squad stall selling off unwanted studded shoes that kids have grown out of. Prices are very cheap and sometimes they just ask for a donation

Quote Originally Posted by JaneandJon View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had some second hand Walshes (or other fell running shoes) for sale size 1 or 2.
    Hi,

We have either size - 1 or 2. I can post them onto you. They are in great condition, the daughter doesn't play football. They grow out of them so quickly. She's on her third pair this year.

We don't want any money for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Peep View Post
    Hi,

We have either size - 1 or 2. I can post them onto you. They are in great condition, the daughter doesn't play football. They grow out of them so quickly. She's on her third pair this year.

We don't want any money for them.
    Hi Bo Peep, I am also looking for size 1 walshes for my daughter - managed to pick up a pair of size 2s recently on ebay for my son and poor Hedda is feeling left out. If JaneJon opt for the size 2s I'd be happy to pay for the size 1s!

Quote Originally Posted by Smut View Post
    Hi Bo Peep, I am also looking for size 1 walshes for my daughter - managed to pick up a pair of size 2s recently on ebay for my son and poor Hedda is feeling left out. If JaneJon opt for the size 2s I'd be happy to pay for the size 1s!
    How come your kids have such small feet, Smut? Emma's in a size 5.5 already (aged 10) - not much chance of getting hand-me-downs is there?

Not sure what size Kiera is, but should be some 3rd hand walshes somewhere chez moi, I'll dig em out.