Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Langley 7

Re: Langley 7

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    good to chat with lantern and Truck - this race has an extra-friendly feeling to it, as you get runners of all backgrounds turning out

I finished in 58:23, but it took me 48secs to get from where the old finish was across the dam to the new finish, so I would've clocked 57:35 in old money! :wink:

think I paced myself better all round, apart from going off rather too fast (7:15 first mile! :w00t: )
    That's probably where I went wrong... I kept you in sight until Withenshaw Lane and then didn't see you again.

Given that the finish was 100-150 yards further, I'd have PB'd (albeit not under the hour, damn it). And so we roll on to the old adage... there's always next year!
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

anyone else turning out tomorrow?

my first road race in over a year!
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Marshalled it Daz, up by the Leather's Smithy. Doing a few gentle runs as my back and knee allow, but not been in a race for quite a while now.

Aiming to be able to do Roaches 2016.

Good to glimpse you, but couldn't hang around at the end.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Good to see you there, Daz. Simon I probably saw you as well but wouldn't have known (sorry).

Last night I uploaded the photos I took. In the early ones you can see the rocket smoke rising just before launch. As we set off running it came back down to earth, swiping the runner just to my left in the process. She was fine - no harm done from a bit of (warm) cardboard tubing.

The rain at the end came as a bit of a shock after the forecast for clearing skies and no rain. It was soon forgotten as the tea and cake went down in the church hall afterwards. Marvellous, so it was.