Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRA AGM & Do

FRA AGM & Do

I just thought I'd start a thread to let you all know that the FRA Do and AGM are on the horizon, taking place at the Castle Green Hotel in Kendal on Saturday 7 November. Full details of the AGM should be appearing on the FRA Website shortly. http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/pdf/com.../09_agenda.pdf

Although the AGM is usually seen as a pretty boring event, some of the meetings we have hosted over recent years have been a bit more interesting than some non-attendees might imagine. I can't promise you any devious machiavellian motions this year, but the discussions about fell running topics always raise some very interesting points - quite often telling us committee members exactly what you the running membership expect of us and from us ... and quite right too!!

The only motion on the agenda this year is aimed at creating constitutional committee posts for the Welfare Officer and the FRA rep to the UKA Mountain Running Advisory Group, as well as renaming the position of Coach to Coaching Coordinator, to reflect the broader range of tasks which are now involved in the job.

As well as the officers of the Committee, we also have up to four club representatives. If you think your club should have a rep on the FRA Committee, you need to get your Club Secretary to drop me a letter or email proposing somebody for the post - do it before the end of October, please.

As well as club reps, we also have up to four member reps, these being any FRA member who wishes to help the committee with the organisation of the sport. Member reps are voted on at the AGM and require no prior notice. There is a noticeable amount of energy, opinion and knowledge of our sport on this forum and it would be great if some of this talent was to be put to good use on the committee. If you'd like to know more about what being a committee member entails, please drop me an email or PM me.

I first joined the committee as Assistant Secretary to Mike Rose after the Tour of Pendle in 2000, and when I later took over from Mike as Secretary I wasn't too bothered when nobody stood as Assistant Secretary. However, after taking a tumble on this year's Tebay race and wearing a sling on my right arm (I am right handed) for what seems like ages, I'm beginning to review this situation. So if any of you fancy taking on the Assistant Secretary job, please do get in touch.

Oh, and if you like the AGM, you'll be amazed at what goes on at the FRA Do!!!

Alan Brentnall
    ( Contact details in the mag, or www.fellrunner.org.uk/committee.htm )
    Last edited by Alan; 30-09-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Link to agenda added.

Re: FRA AGM & Do

I would really encourage you to think about being on the committee. It's not onerous - we meet 3 times a year plus the AGM. Meetings are generally quite interesting. And if you want to use the busy excuse - please think again. I work full time, have a family with 3 teenage kids and still want to do running (and other hobbies) myself. Give something back to the sport. We need active members to counteract the old codgers (only joking - some of these 60 year olds are quite nippy!)

Predictably, there's stacks of advice for the FRA following on from the British Relays last weekend at Ennerdale (among the many topics).

From past experience, I can guarantee that it would be more effective to bring some of this debate and advice to the FRA AGM on November 7th.

The open discussion is an ideal opportunity to get some of these points across, and the chances of getting something done are far higher than a buried post on the Forum!

And if you'd like to help to implement some of your changes and ideas, we have four openings for members' representatives.

Come and join us.

Alan Brentnall

Banned

Mrs Stagger and the Calder Valley noise machines are going

Banned

Any news on the AGM for the members who could not attend please?

Mrs Stagger texted to say said she only had a couple of beers.

They were the usual noisy lot - complete with tiara's and lovely pink balloon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    They were the usual noisy lot - complete with tiara's and lovely pink balloon
    They have had a great year they deserve to celebrate

Had a great evening at my first FRA presentation 'Do'. Unfortunately there was a bit of a mixup with the seating arrangements at the dinner. I'd definitely asked to be sat with a tableful of Calder Valley women, but I ended up with the Pennine crowd. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Had a great evening at my first FRA presentation 'Do'. Unfortunately there was a bit of a mixup with the seating arrangements at the dinner. I'd definitely asked to be sat with a tableful of Calder Valley women, but I ended up with the Pennine crowd. Oh well!
    Are you sure you're man enough for us all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Longdogs View Post
    Are you sure you're man enough for us all at once?
    Ok, that's a pretty tall order, I admit. But I'd love to give it a go