Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guisborough Three Tops

Re: Guisb 3 tops

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    for anyone intending on doing this race, a great youtube clip of the route is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6jv3...eature=related
    Thanks Rev.....enjoyed that little fly thru the route. Am doing XC on Sat and hopefully coming down for 3 tops Sun if legs hold out.

Auld Ken

will be using that before a cheeky recce on Saturday.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Re: Guisborough Three Tops

Should be a good one, three cracking hills, no easy running between them, don't get lost through Guisborough Woods and have a drink at the Rugby Club to warm-down.

A deceptively tough race.

Terrific
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

I'm looking forward to it too. First ever fell race that I did and I only went because a Czech friend invited me to go with him and he forgot to mention that it was off-road. I saw Roseberry Topping in the distance and said 'at least we won't be going up there'...ha ha ha. I ran it in a pair of road shoes and his spare base layer tied round my waist but it was the reason for my conversion from road to fell.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Wouldn't mind this myself, & it's my 'weekend-off', btu not entirely certain what SWMBO has in store for me yet
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

This could see my return from injury ... not committing to it yet for reasons of superstition.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Thanks Rev.....enjoyed that little fly thru the route. Am doing XC on Sat and hopefully coming down for 3 tops Sun if legs hold out.

Auld Ken
    Hi Ken

If you do decide to do it and I can get down Sunderland way early enough, any chance of a lift sir?
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Hi Ken

If you do decide to do it and I can get down Sunderland way early enough, any chance of a lift sir?
    Hi DJ, if i'm going you can certainly have a lift, however the Strollers have a tradition of getting absolutely hammered after our XC at Farringdon so..............probably wont know till late Sat eve (or very early Sunday morning)

(You will also be required to remove any traces of your home town and will be forced to wear a Sunderland shirt) :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Hi DJ, if i'm going you can certainly have a lift, however the Strollers have a tradition of getting absolutely hammered after our XC at Farringdon so..............probably wont know till late Sat eve (or very early Sunday morning)

(You will also be required to remove any traces of your home town and will be forced to wear a Sunderland shirt) :w00t:
    Get hammered? Can't believe that of such a dedicated group of athletes. OK. If you go I can get to any metro in or near Sunderland by 8.30 but would have to know by 7am!!! Might even see you at Farringdon if you're lucky!
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

"Hi DJ, if i'm going you can certainly have a lift, however the Strollers have a tradition of getting absolutely hammered after our XC at Farringdon so..............probably wont know till late Sat eve (or very early Sunday morning) "

Any chance you can invite some of the other competitors, slow them down abit maybe:closed:
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running