Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Jackets from EDZ

Epic Jackets from EDZ

I see these are advertised in the latest fellrunner mag - I have been using one of these EDZ Epic jackets over the last year and it is a brilliant peice of kit. So much more breathable than my old lowe apline top which is like wearing a bin bag by comparison. They are just a small company based in Maryport, Cumbria with a warehouse behind the post office where you can buy their stuff if you are up in the lakes, I called in there on my way to the new balance shop at Flimby which by the way does running shoes @ greatly reduced prices, the NB fell shoes are not bad although dont last as long as walshes. http://www.edz.biz/outdoor/Product_pages/SoftshellEpic

Re: Epic Jackets from EDZ

I have seen the advert and wondered about the quality. So you can drop in as well as do the online stuff ?. They seemed a reasonable price too. The reason i ask about dropping in is i always like to try things for sizing as i seem to be a size that varies wildly depending on who is making the kit.

They are open monday to friday 9am till 5pm and are behind the post office in maryport high street - blue door. It is a warehouse but they are most helpful & knowledgeable and you can try on stuff on. Lots of gloves, hats, baselayers etc and clearance too so always worth a visit. I believe they will do discounts for clubs & groups too - the number is 01900 810260

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Does fastasabrick work for EDZ, do you think? Our very own EDZ Insider?
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Gawd dang, hoist up the white flag marra iv been rumbled tha' knows!

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fastasabrick View Post
    Gawd dang, hoist up the white flag marra iv been rumbled tha' knows!
    Do I win a prize? P'raps one of your lovely jackets? And do you know Nee Bother? You talk in the same funny language. We should introduce you. You might just understand each other.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

I'll have yan of em for lal un

Neee bother lad!

I thought they looked good too, but reading the blurb I think they are windproof, not waterproof so not acceptable for some races/events - otherwise I might have bought one.

These are waterproof but work differently from a conventional laminate fabric, not as outright waterproof perhaps but at least 3x more breathable so when you are running what you loose in waterproofness you more than gain in breathability & comfort - you don't get as wet on the inside through sweat - and the fabric moves more easily than a laminate.

These should not be confused with pertex type shells which are great for keeping off the wind in cold dry conditions but are cold to wear in wet windy conditions which is caused by convective cooling. The fibres in the Epic material are coated in silicone which reduces convective cooling, (wind chill), significantly to the extent that these actually loose less heat through wind chill effect than 'waterproof laminates' and it is the wind chill that is the danger not the wet!

You can see more about the fabric technology at http://www.nextec.com/technology.html

OK fastasabrick ,

Send me top and bottoms . If they're as good as you say I'll phone you my card details . If not I'll post them back Deal ?

And if they are really good I'll give them a glowing (independent) report
    Last edited by nightingale; 19-11-2009 at 12:51 PM.