Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Men in tights

Question Men in tights

Having read the thread about Tracksters, I feel a little embarrassed to wear mine any more now.

Seriously though, I've been wanting to ditch my Tracksters for some time because I find it harder to run up hills in them - they seem to restrict bending at the knee. However, they do keep me warm and I don't look like I've got skinny chicken legs when I've got them on.

So, I would like something similar to keep my bandy legs warm on the hills when running on cold windy (and wet/snowy) days, but which are not so restrictive. The only other (preferable) requirement is that they don't fit like a second skin as those make my wife and daughter fall about in fits of laughter (did I mention my bandy legs?).

So, any recommendations for me - other than trading in the wife and daughter for versions who admire men in tights?

Re: Men in tights

I prefer to stick to shorts but whenit's really cold I wear a pair of Saucony mid tights. I love em, not too thin but not too thick ankle zip so you can take them off wearing trainers, dry mesh behind knee allows extra airflow to stop over heating.

Accelerate sell them

Posh end Of Sheff that'd be Dore then?

Trade the rotters in; men in tights are cool bandy legs or not
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

Thanks Stef F

Whilst wearing my go-faster tights, I was asked to "cover up" by a copper in Porlock back in August this year after we'd run nigh on 30 miles across Exmoor Forest for charity...must have been the smiles and admiring glances from the WPC sat in the car next to him...

Running Bear 3/4 tights. A snip at £15.

Super Moderator

I like 3/4 MANpri's too

Serious question: can you still get Powerstretch tights? Very cosy and I fancy some for Winter
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I prefer to stick to shorts but whenit's really cold I wear a pair of Saucony mid tights. I love em, not too thin but not too thick ankle zip so you can take them off wearing trainers, dry mesh behind knee allows extra airflow to stop over heating.

Accelerate sell them

Posh end Of Sheff that'd be Dore then?
    Maybe

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can find the inclination to nip over to Accelerate some time in the next couple of weeks to take a look at these tights you recommend, since they don't appear to be on the Saucony or Accelerate website.

Oh, and thanks to the others for suggesting 3/4 length tights, but I'm afraid that I find that they only look good on ladies (in my humble opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by gaspingforair View Post
    Oh, and thanks to the others for suggesting 3/4 length tights, but I'm afraid that I find that they only look good on ladies (in my humble opinion)
    Rubbish. You're obviously repressed. Get yourself a pair and feel liberated .

Lola

Shadbolt,

You work for RBS perchance?

Excellent 3/4 tights from RBear but they are £18 not £15 unless you are a tax exile (VAT) who can collect (P&P)

Quote Originally Posted by gaspingforair View Post
    Maybe

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can find the inclination to nip over to Accelerate some time in the next couple of weeks to take a look at these tights you recommend, since they don't appear to be on the Saucony or Accelerate website.

these are them (I think)
    http://www.saucony-running.com/acata..._LX_Tight.html