Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Wuthering Hike

Christmas Haworth Hobble

Forget about the Christmas shoppng and all those presents you have still to get . Forget the parties and the booze, the tinsel and the turkey. Forget about all those bl**dy boring relatives you wish you weren't seeing in the coming weeks Yes, get off the Christmas treadmill, give yourself a real treat this year and do what you really want to do - go for a little run instead

I will be going for a very steady saunter round the 32 mile Haworth Hobble route on Saturday 19th December - fitness and weather permitting. Late-ish start so as to finish at dusk to see the Christmas lights on Haworth Main Street but I will be taking a torch just in case I get lost

If you think you will still be sober by then PM for details.

PS - for anyone who does not know the route it is on mostly good tracks taking in a few big climbs on the way!
    Last edited by MOUNTAIN MAN; 05-12-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Re: Christmas Wuthering Hike

this is a defo for me-much rather do this than trawl round the shops being sprayed by those perfume women - a real Christmas event in my opinion! see you there Mountain Man!

Super Moderator

This sounds a lovely idea. Shame it clashes with XOTF
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Great stuff Rach. I think we'll go looking for the Christmas Spirit on the moors not in the shops or pubs Sorry you cannot make it Derby - maybe we will do it again next year. We could call it Xmas on the Moors

Is this still a goer?
    If it is I might just be able to negotiate a pass out. What kind of time were you thinking of setting off/getting back? I may do the old route, starting and finishing at Penistone Hill, missing the festive glory of Haworth, but also the attendant parking problems and the naughty clamping man.

definitely is Duff! Oh my god-i can't believe you mentioned the clamping man! I had a run in with him about 10 years ago when I arrived back at the car exactly the same time as him and his clamp. i said "phew that was lucky" but he said "no, I'm still going to do it" Anyway, i had been visiting Haworth with 2 mad teachers, 1 Italian and 1 Greek. We all ending up in a massive argument and he very nearly hit me! A crowd gathered and then his boss came along and took the clamp off. I shall not do the same again, although I suspect me and Mountain Man could easily take him on!! Anyway, I digress! It would be great if you joined us,hope to see you there!
    rachel

I hope you are able to join us Duff. Sluggard is coming as well so 4 would be a good number. I think Rachel will be able to sort out your clamping man on her own with one hand tied behind her back
    I have to admit the old route is a better fell running route but I won't regret missing the bogs over to Hoof Stones.

Cheers folks,
    Hopefully see you Saturday.
    Duff

I may be able to do this on Sat (transport), could have missed it but whats the set off time at Penistone hill car park? Weather forecast (always good for a laugh), sn showers from 3pm but mostly dry and sunny with wind from the west, so tail wind coming back. Wind picking up later on and so earlier would be the best weather

Chris we will be setting off from Haworth itself not Penistone Hill at 9am. PM me and I will send details.
    Last edited by MOUNTAIN MAN; 16-12-2009 at 11:06 AM.