Thread: Wanted: Kids shoes

Wanted: Kids shoes

My daughter is showing vague interest in the Moelwyn kids races (these do exists, don't they - I'm now wondering if I made them up).

In the interests of not looking like a bad parent I maybe ought to provide her with something other than the slip on pumps that she does PE in (but have recently seen her to unexpected cross country glory).

Size somewhere between (large) 13 and 2. Anything vaguely sensible in any condition considered as long as it's cheap, given that this race may be both the start and end of her fell running career.

Re: Wanted: Kids shoes

If you don't get any luck with second hand try astro turf trainers from JJB and the like. Can uasually get some for about 20 quid and the rubber studs seem to work quite well. Our kids used them before they had walshes ( most of which they wore til slick or I'd let you have their old ones) My husband still uses the astro turf ones as he says they have lots of cushioning on rocky trails, saves fell shoes for just mud.
    The other thing to try is local club - running or orienteeriing as many have a shope swap or small donation system

Ebay is a good place to search. Got a few pairs in the 13, 1 area before our kids grew to more mainstream sizes.

Second hand get them on ebay or Sunday flea markets, new would be around £30+

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
    My daughter is showing vague interest in the Moelwyn kids races (these do exists, don't they - I'm now wondering if I made them up).

In the interests of not looking like a bad parent I maybe ought to provide her with something other than the slip on pumps that she does PE in (but have recently seen her to unexpected cross country glory).

Size somewhere between (large) 13 and 2. Anything vaguely sensible in any condition considered as long as it's cheap, given that this race may be both the start and end of her fell running career.
    got some fell shoes size 1 pm me if you are interested

Little biara runs in a pair of trainers from decathlon. They cost me about £10!! They've got dimples / grip on the bottom and have done her okay. Have lasted her a couple of seasons. her feet are too small for walshes at the moment, she's willing them to grow so she can have a pair of 'proper shoes.'

Agree- and if decathlon is too far mine used astro turf trainers from the cheapest sports shops. Good nobbly bits on the bottom and cheap.
    I do have some small fell and O shoes - not sure when I will next get to a race tho! (Preston based)