Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Gisborough Moors Race

Re: Guisborough Moors

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    As it turned out, it was definitely a day for studs!

Personally, it was a bit of a disaster as I DNF'd: pulled my calf early on, hoped I could run it off, but it was clearly getting worse.
    I limped down from Captain Cook's Monument and retired at the car park checkpoint.

Many thanks to Sharon Gayter who kindly gav
    e me a lift back to the start and did a good job raising my spirits by convincing me there is still a chance I can recover sufficiently to have a go at The Fellsman a week on Saturday.
    Definitely glad I picked up a new pair of Talons last week!! Quite muddy, but very quick and runnable course. Really enjoyed it, a few cheeky climbs thrown in.

How about the weather, I encountered all 4 seasons around the course! Ending in a snow shower! I was thinking about suncream this morning, and had the shades on. Mad

Yep...the weather was definitely 'variable' but I loved the snow falling as I entered the woods on the way down to the finish and the muddy bank was fab, skipped past 2 guys slipping about in it:thumbup:. It was the 4th time I've done this race and I pb'd despite the conditions being a bit tougher than last year. My fellsman training is also paying off as I ran most of the hills (with the exception of Roseberry!) and even jogged up High Cliff Nab and finished feeling able to run some more. Great to see so many familiar faces too.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    Yep...the weather was definitely 'variable' but I loved the snow falling as I entered the woods on the way down to the finish and the muddy bank was fab, skipped past 2 guys slipping about in it:thumbup:..
    That muddy bank finish was proper tasty at full tilt! Anyone in trail shoes would have been snookered there!

Any idea what went on at the front of the field? A few weeks back I was entertaining doing this after Coledale, but glad I stayed in the lakes as legs were shagged today.
    I'll be back for the Summer series though hopefully - I trust Cam has got even more uncatchable?
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

This used to be my local long. I love it!! No idea how often I've done it, wish I'd been there today, but I was barred as we had people over and I only realised I could do it at short notice!! Bit miffed!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Jim Bulman (New Marske Harriers) had the edge on Cameron this time, his time will come in this race

Photos and video available via the Esk Valley Fell Club website. Courtesy of Photoman I think.
    Last edited by Deadlegs; 16-04-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Re: Gisborough Moors Race

Quite pleased with my time. The winning time was a couple minutes slower than last year and I was a few minutes faster (a pb) so maybe I'm getting my running mojo back, not that its much to talk about, I'm still the back end of the front half (sounds like a pantomime horse! ).
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Any idea what went on at the front of the field? A few weeks back I was entertaining doing this after Coledale, but glad I stayed in the lakes as legs were shagged today.
    I'll be back for the Summer series though hopefully - I trust Cam has got even more uncatchable?
    It was a race long battle - Jim Bulman, Cameron and Paul Butler, then a four minute gap to the remainder of the field. My legs are in recovery mode, running round in track circles, parkruns and road relays are not an ideal training diet for Gisboro Moors and alike. Roll on Fox and Hounds and may be Fairfield.
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running